I'm starting to get a kind of sharp pain in my back from sitting in the same chair for hours practising. I think a change of posture and maybe a visit to the doctor are in store, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so how it ended up for them?

Thanks
Quote by Miteour18
i have, it stopped when i starting standing up while i was playing guitar

Surely that didnt solve the problem of getting pains while sitting down though.
I'm not really looking for solutions though I know I have to change my posture. I'm really just interested in other people's experience with this...
Quote by mmnohmygod
I'm starting to get a kind of sharp pain in my back from sitting in the same chair for hours practising. I think a change of posture and maybe a visit to the doctor are in store, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so how it ended up for them?

Thanks

Stretch, for the love of God, stretch.

I was a fat kid, and I've played standing up, I suffered from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome as a result when I was fourteen years old, that passed, then lately, 2009, I had a really bad back pain which turned out to be my shoulders. I've alyways played standing up, pretty much, and always with a long strap low hanging guitar, just, the straps have changed as I got taller. I was told to stretch, and sure enough, stretching plus a little excerise cured my back pain.
So, my advice to you, is to get a/use a stool, and sit on it, for text book posture and to stretch.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Take a pause from time to time like 5 minutes every hour.
My lower back did hurt a lot before I began to sit straight cause of the gap between the seat and my back.
Quote by mmnohmygod
Surely that didnt solve the problem of getting pains while sitting down though.
I'm not really looking for solutions though I know I have to change my posture. I'm really just interested in other people's experience with this...

My lower back was tight and sore. I fixed my posture and it got better.
My general ass area hurts from the chair at the computer. Working at getting a new one.
It's could be your posture, or it could even be from carrying a backpack around or poor posture while not playing guitar.
You may not notice the pain from a backpack or something similar untill later on in the day.
..I was watching my death.
I got it bad. IM not sure how it started but my back ached all hte time. Lying in bed was the only comfortable position. Im sure ot was from playing guitar sat down. I try and stand up now. Its good practice.
Quote by EndOfNothing656
Everyone can sing, its just some asshole who makes you feel bad and tells you to stop thats the problem...

Quote by randomhero93
ah I see that you're new here... so I won't be the one to slander you for spam.
This is the biggest problem I'm dealing with right now.
Specifically, I'll get a sharp shooting pain just below my right shoulder blade and I'll sit there and tough it out, but eventually the pain becomes excruciating and I'll have to stop. Much like treborillusion I found that stretching really helps, but for me it doesn't completely eliminate the pain. I posted my situation on the Guitar Principles forum and Jamie Andreas pointed out the excessive amount of padding on my seat, so I'm going to get a new seat whenever I get the chance.