I have been googling for a new amp for about a month or so. I'm deciding on a marshal or line 6. Currently I'm playing a kkv and a ibanez little combo. I have played crates voodoo blue heads with a Jackson dinky. Didn't care for the sound. So I scrapped the whole thing. I hate using effects pedals. I love a nice warm sound with crunch.
The style of music I play and write is from The Allman Brothers to SLAYER. That is where I'm on the fence. I'm also thinking of purchasing a Gibson explorer also as a second guitar. Any input would be greatly appreciated
If you're looking at the Marshall MG or Line 6 Spider series, save yourself some cash and don't. I have played the MG series extensively and owned a Spider for a year and a half. You'd be much better off with something else. What's your budget?
What Marshall and Line6? Spider-Sense is tingling, so to speak.

Seriously, if you are indeed looking at a Line6 Spider and Marshall MG, preferring either over a Blue Voodoo, then you should consult a physician.
Keep in mind mostany amp can be used for the mellow stuff, as long as it has a clean channel. When it comes to hi-gain, that specialized territory.

Also keep in mind that for under $500 for a combo, generally speaking, you won't get much. And you'll get less for a $500 halfstack (MG/Spider).

If you're looking at a small versatile bedroom amp though, the Spider 15-30w is your friend.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
If you're looking at a small versatile bedroom amp though, the:

- Fender Mustang;
- Roland Cube;
- VOX VT;
- Peavey Vypyr (especially for heavy metal);

are your friends.

Fixed for truth.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
hybrid amps like the Kustom Hi Voltage amps are a cheap way to achieve good tone. I have the 100 watt combo amp version and the thing is a beast! Sold my spider for this thing and it kicks the spider's ass.
Dream rig:
Marshall JCM900 Amp
Boss Fender 65 dlx reverb pedal
Noise gate
MXR EQ
Boss Dynamic wah
Boss Harmonist
Ibanez Echo/delay
Dean Custom 350
Dean XMNT V-shape
NO NO NO!

Do not bother with the MG or Spiders...The spider 3 is the worst $100 I have ever spent. Try the Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
Blue Voodoos are very treble-y imo but sound a helluva lot better than mg's and spider's!!! I had a BV (borrowed) for roughly 6 months, give or take, and with an overdrive it sounded A LOT better! Sounds like you didn't know how to eq an amp.