Page 1 of 2
So, my friend Matt is an excellent guitarist (he plays lead/rhythm interchangeably), and he had his own band with a few other guys. And the band was good for a while -- but then the other guitarist and the bassist left the band.

What's worse is that they began stealing our songs (And even pissed off our current vocalist by asking him to write lyrics for them).

I'm in the band now as a new guitarist and there is a talent show at our high school coming up with a crowd of at least 600 of our peers. The new band that's stealing our songs is going to be in it, and from what I've heard, they haven't written any good songs on their own, so what if they use one of our songs on stage?

What do we do?

*If this is in the wrong section, would a mod mind moving it?*
Neo-Classical is ftw.
Well...seeing as they helped write them...they are technically still the owners.

Looks like you're SOL
Quote by goest
Well...seeing as they helped write them...they are technically still the owners.

Looks like you're SOL

Technically no. Matthew and the singer (Diavon) wrote the lyrics, chords, the solos -- Everything. They only played them.
Neo-Classical is ftw.
Last edited by Topleggedskater at Apr 4, 2011,
uhh play it better then them if matt is so magical?
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Get over it and write new songs.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Do it better.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Tolerate and love the shit out of them.

Or outstage them. Play Free bird and everyone will be throwing roses, bras and panties all over the stage. Even the guys. Probably even the other band.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Dont worry about it. Their band isn't going anywhere if they can't write their own songs. They wont be any good.
hire axl roses lawyers and sue their asses off
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by Topleggedskater
Technically no. Matthew and the singer (Diavon) wrote the lyrics, chords, the solos -- Everything. They only played them.

Sounds like they're terrible songs to begin with. Write better ones.
Detune their guitars before they go on stage. **** up their settings. Soak their drumsticks in...ass.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Maybe find out what songs of yours theyre playing, make sure you get on before them and then do them...? The other band will be forced to do their 'crap' songs.
go on first and play the song
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Call them out on stage, just be like "We'd like to thank *other band* for covering our song we wrote, we are really happy with their continued support. Now heres the original!" or something to that extent
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Just make better songs
Or break the guitarists wrists and ball gag their singer and throw him in a closet somewhere
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Make sure you go on first. Preferably immediately before them. And say "We'd like to do an original song that we wrote....."
Just join them on stage jamming the song. People will think its of purpose. Then screw it all up.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Do these guys have sisters you can bone.. and film?

One of them does... Sadly she's flatter than cardboard :[.

Anyways, I guess I have to play it better than them or **** up their settings.

@goest Our singer Diavon is supposed to be on the show XFactor this Thursday, so maybe that'll bring some publicity to our band. We already wrote 4 more songs since they ditched us.

Thanks for all the answers.
Neo-Classical is ftw.
Last edited by Topleggedskater at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by Topleggedskater
One of them does... Sadly she's flatter than cardboard :[.

Anyways, I guess I have to play it better than them or **** up their settings.

@goest Our singer Diavon is supposed to be on the show XFactor this Thursday, so maybe that'll bring some publicity to our band. We already wrote 4 more songs since they ditched us.

Thanks for all the answers.

Well then let them have those other songs and you lot start fresh with those 4 songs.

Quote by Trowzaa
Well then let them have those other songs and you lot start fresh with those 4 songs.

But the songs that they'll have are ****ing awesome :/. Well -- actually, **** it. They can have those songs, because they can't even play the solos LOL.
Neo-Classical is ftw.
Quote by Skinny91
Call them out on stage, just be like "We'd like to thank *other band* for covering our song we wrote, we are really happy with their continued support. Now heres the original!" or something to that extent

This sounds pretty funny.

You could also write a hateful song about how much you hate them and perform that.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
Quote by Skinny91

This is the only way to proceed. Make sure to state who wrote what but then go into a better song or the same one if it's considerably better.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Skinny91

Is it just me, or does this make too much sense?
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

Quote by Orlando01
Is it just me, or does this make too much sense?

That makes no sense.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Skinny91

Maybe. Humiliation and Justice at the same time... Nice..

Matt just texted me that Chris (Guy who left and tried to steal our songs) has already started writing his own songs. He's sending me the link to the song so I can share it when he gets to his computer... It's ****ing terrible.
Neo-Classical is ftw.
Glad to see support for my idea

If I were you I would look into copywriting your songs though. I know this isn't the same, but I have a friend in a band who was offered free recording time, the guy who did it knicked the demos and copywrited all the songs they wrote. Also then you can sue them for playing songs you wrote (or threaten them that you would).
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by Topleggedskater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV6-u6gf2oc

Here's their new song. Prepare to puke...

I knew from the title it was gonna be bad..
Please tell me your name is better than Don'tEverBlink?

Dont you watch Drake and Josh? just get up and play "Soul Man"
you're a stone fox
Quote by Trowzaa
I knew from the title it was gonna be bad..
Please tell me your name is better than Don'tEverBlink?

The Unflawless Gentlemen.

I know the name's terrible but whatever. I'm sorry you had to hear that.
Neo-Classical is ftw.
This is why you should register copyrights for your works...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2