Just very quickly, I'm seriosly considering getting a LTD H-1001. It pretty much has everything I wan't apart from two thing I was wondering about.

Firstly, I'm going to be using the guitar from drop C to A#, and I've read the Earvana Compensated nut is terrible for anything other than standard. Is there any thruth in this? Also, the website lists all the LTD Deluxes to now have a '42mm Standard Nut'. Does this mean they've got rid of the earvana?

Also, my only other concern is the glossy finish on the back of the neck. Will it get sticky if used extensively live? I really don't like sticky necks...

Other than that, the guitar looks great on features and stuff. I would be going for a schecter blackjack atx c-1, but I'm worried will be to thick, and the LTD's is meant to be thinner. I'm going to try them out on wednesday though.
Check out my band! Blues mixed with Indie/Alternative from the UK.
Badlands UK
Quote by Shredding 4Life
Just very quickly, I'm seriosly considering getting a LTD H-1001. It pretty much has everything I wan't apart from two thing I was wondering about.

Firstly, I'm going to be using the guitar from drop C to A#, and I've read the Earvana Compensated nut is terrible for anything other than standard. Is there any thruth in this? Also, the website lists all the LTD Deluxes to now have a '42mm Standard Nut'. Does this mean they've got rid of the earvana?

Also, my only other concern is the glossy finish on the back of the neck. Will it get sticky if used extensively live? I really don't like sticky necks...

Other than that, the guitar looks great on features and stuff. I would be going for a schecter blackjack atx c-1, but I'm worried will be to thick, and the LTD's is meant to be thinner. I'm going to try them out on wednesday though.

1.) Drop C to Drop A# is a big jump, I have an 11-56 set on my V300 and drop B is the lowest I want to tune it too. Drop A# gets the strings too loose. I have no idea about the Earvana nut, but now LTD's have a standard graphite nut, so you won't have to worry about it.

2.) Gloss finishes (at least in my experience) only get really sticky if you don't keep it clean. Even during gigs they don't get too bad.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, that's a big help. I'm almost definately going with the LTD because of the neck.

And I won't be tuning down from drop C to A#. I'll either set it up for one or the other, depending which I'm playing in more, and put my cort in the other.

I'll make sure to keep the finish clean. Do I just need to wipe it down, or do you need a polish or something?
Check out my band! Blues mixed with Indie/Alternative from the UK.
Badlands UK
I only polish the body, I just wipe the back of the neck with a microfiber towel every once in a while.