Hey guys, i'm just looking around for cool guitars I might like. I play a lot of rock/Metal like Metallica, Nirvana, Greenday, Foo Fighters. These are some specs that i'd quite like:

Well known brand preferred i.e Ibanez, Jackson, Fender
25.5'' Scale
24 Frets
Strat shape preferred
Maple Neck
Single coiled pick up for nice strat clean
Great Metal Tone
No Floyd rose
£300-800 price range

When I say preferred it's not essential for these things but i'd like to be what i've put. Can you recommend anything for me? Thanks!
Are you retarded robodude?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-RG1560-JB-Prestige-Limited-Ed-Electric-Guitar-/230595063276?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item35b0896dec#ht_571wt_1139

I win.

But block the trem with a tremelno or one ofthese I have one all my trem guitars and work brilliantly.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by Skiny boy89
Hey guys, i'm just looking around for cool guitars I might like. I play a lot of rock/Metal like Metallica, Nirvana, Greenday, Foo Fighters. These are some specs that i'd quite like:

Well known brand preferred i.e Ibanez, Jackson, Fender
25.5'' Scale
24 Frets
Strat shape preferred
Maple Neck
Single coiled pick up for nice strat clean
Great Metal Tone
No Floyd rose
£300-800 price range

When I say preferred it's not essential for these things but i'd like to be what i've put. Can you recommend anything for me? Thanks!

You should absolutely check out a schecter! The hellraiser/Blackjack goes for 699$ without a floydrose, with 24 frets and THE greatest metal tone in my opinion! I have a Schecter Blackjack (with a floyd tho) and it's the shit! Highly recommended!
One true metalhead!
I assume when you say 'No Floyd Rose', you still do want a tremolo, since you mention the Stratocaster specifically. I'm not sure how many guitars with a standard tremolo and 24 frets you'll find out there, but you could probably get a replacement neck on a Fender Strat. If I'm wrong and you just want a hard bridge, then you'll be fine, but if I'm right, you'll need to compromise.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Yeah a hard bridge such like a tune-o-matic or those when the strings go through the body, and those schecters where nice. i considered them a while back
Schecter is probably where you should look then, if you want a Strat-shape with a hardtail bridge. They're good instruments too, I have one (Stargazer) and a friend of mine has an Omen 6 and they're well built and sound good too, especially for the price.

EDIT: I'm not sure how many models the have with single coils, but if you get a guitar with two humbuckers and coil splitting (or coil tapping, as it's called sometimes) you should get pretty close to that Strat tone.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Last edited by Reisgar42 at Apr 4, 2011,
when you say no floyd rose are you ok with non-locking trems?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go with an Ibanez if I were you. Something like this would be really nice. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG1451-Prestige-Electric-Guitar-584128-i1499745.gc
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X