Page 1 of 2
So after sinking a water bottle I threw it with the recyclables and I realized that there is an entire trash bag filled to the top with empty water bottles which has been filled in less than a month. I realized that it must be costing a lot of cash to keep buying water so I need to do something different with water.

I tried one of those water filters that go over your tap but it was really ****ing anoying trying to use the faucet with a huge filter on it.

Are there any filters that aren't gigantic? And I've been thinking about getting one of those stainless steel bottles but I'm not sure about them.

Can somebody give me some suggestions as to what to do with the water situation?

Thanks.

EDIT: I decided to post all of my disadvantages/restraints/obstacles in the OP because people aren't listening to me.

-Something happened to my town's water years ago and now the have to add chlorine and a bunch of other chemicals to make it "safe" but it tastes aweful

-My house is old so it doesn't have the plumbing necessary to get a fridge with a water tap
Last edited by IdkWhatImDoing at Apr 4, 2011,
Erm, tap water.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I just get it from the tap, tastes fine and isn't more expensive than gasoline.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Have you tried drinking water out of the tap without any filter? I do that and it's pretty good.

Don't buy bottled water, has to be the most pointless thing in all of existance. And yeah, I'm counting the luigi-centered super mario bros games.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Kensai
Have you tried drinking water out of the tap without any filter? I do that and it's pretty good.

Don't buy bottled water, has to be the most pointless thing in all of existance. And yeah, I'm counting the luigi-centered super mario bros games.

Different thing for different countries. Sweden has amazing water in terms of tap-drinkability.

Other countries, not so much.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by robhc
What's wrong with unfiltered tap water?

something happened with my towns tap water years ago and now they have to add all sorts of chemicals and chlorine in it to keep it clean and it tastes aweful.
http://watermillexpress.com/

i use one it right down the road its the best.

if not
my old ladies parents have a water dispenser that they put the big 5 gallon jugs into
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by Kensai

Nah, those are even more pointless.

Seriously, just use the tap. It tastes fine, and it's basically free. You do know how to do that, right?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by parigod
There's always the Bear Grylls method.

Damnit. I came here to post that.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Different thing for different countries. Sweden has amazing water in terms of tap-drinkability.

Other countries, not so much.

TS is from the US so it's not some thirld world country. Surely they have working tap water...

Quote by IdkWhatImDoing
something happened with my towns tap water years ago and now they have to add all sorts of chemicals and chlorine in it to keep it clean and it tastes aweful.

... or not.
buy:

add tap water.

problems solved!
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Tap water, or get a fridge that pours filtered water out and makes ice.

I can't get a fridge that has a water thing because my house is old and doesn't have the plumbing to put in.
Those who mention tap might want to read the thread again. He distinctly says the tap water tastes awful due to the adding of certain chemicals that do not belong in the water originially.

But to answer your question, if the tap water isn't drinkable what other option is there? Drink your own sweat? Buy water or tap water.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Buy beer?
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing

You mean the same chemicals that get added to every water supply in the western world, including bottled water?
Quote by Kensai
TS is from the US so it's not some thirld world country. Surely they have working tap water...

... or not.

it differs from state to state. New jersey water tastes like ass, for instance, while NY tap water is the best in the world.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Kensai

I don't know, man, this one seems to give bottled water a run for its money.
I'm with TS on this, my town did the same thing a couple years back, now I know how stupid this is going to sound, but I'm afraid to drink the water because of all the shit they put in it.
Brita Pitcher. Game over.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by fearofthemark
it differs from state to state. New jersey water tastes like ass, for instance, while NY tap water is the best in the world.

i live in cali.
where i live shit water(stuff is floating in it out of the tap)
sf bay area.... great water.

its really city to city here in the US of A
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
TS what's your budget like?

Quote by fearofthemark

No surprises there.

Quote by jetfuel495

Oh god don't remind me...
I usually let my water sit out in an open container because chlorine evaporates faster than water. Makes it taste a bit better.
I just drink tap water. some of the cleanest water in the world coming outta one of the most disgusting rivers in the world. haha. not to mention I did a paper once and discovered bottled water is dirtier than tap water. because the EPA controls tap and FDA controls bottled, the EPA has a much stricter guideline. for example, trace amounts of feces are allowed in bottled water while none is allowed in tap water. the more you know!
#DTWD
Quote by BrokenDstring
Brita Pitcher. Game over.

I looked it up on Amazon and there was one 1 star review and i read it and the guy was going on and on about how the filters dont really filter, hwo they harbor bacteria and mold, and how you have to replace it every two months.
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing
I looked it up on Amazon and there was one 1 star review and i read it and the guy was going on and on about how the filters dont really filter, hwo they harbor bacteria and mold, and how you have to replace it every two months.

Which is why you have the chemicals in your tap water, to stop microbes growing in it.
Quote by primusfan
I just drink tap water. some of the cleanest water in the world coming outta one of the most disgusting rivers in the world. haha. not to mention I did a paper once and discovered bottled water is dirtier than tap water. because the EPA controls tap and FDA controls bottled, the EPA has a much stricter guideline. for example, trace amounts of feces are allowed in bottled water while none is allowed in tap water. the more you know!

Why is that allowed...?
poo poo hands thats how kensai.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by Kensai
Why is that allowed...?

We can't have those companies losing profit because of silly things like getting rid of the poop in the water.
could you buy a solid water filter? not sure how much it would help with the taste, just throwing it out there
Get a brita (or whatever brand) pitcher. It's a little bit of a hassle to fill it at first, but if you put water in as you take it out it just becomes habit.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Kensai

... or not.

Hurray for pivatization.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Kensai
Why is that allowed...?

theres fecal matter on just about everything.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
theres fecal matter on just about everything.

Including your mom.

Bazinga.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Including your mom.

Bazinga.

you sir, you are outrageous.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E