I've been learning sight singing in my theory class this past year
how does it effect my guitar playing?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
A better ear never hurts. Have you ever listened to someone playing that couldn't get their bends quite right? It's atrocious.
I think it helps in improvisation. It's a good skill to be able to sing along to what you are playing, because that means you have internalized the sound in your head.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
yeah i agree, singing the notes helps you visualise the sound of th intervals, with piano or guitar or an instrument like that you can switch off, you could play a piano with no sound and still know your doing ok cos it's just memory. with singing you really have to hear the notes and learn the intervals, and a good sense of intervals is great for both improv and composition.

ah.
Quote by food1010
I think it helps in improvisation. It's a good skill to be able to sing along to what you are playing, because that means you have internalized the sound in your head.

+1.

It will really help you hear stuff before you've even played it. Essential to really increase your improvisation, solo writing, creativity and being able to work out covers!
So yeah, it will really affect your playing in a positive way
it will improve your ears, your ability to read music and your ability to hear music in your head. it will help every aspect of your guitar playing.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
It will help tremendously, youll be able to figure out melodies in your head out on your guitar since your relative pitch (or perfect) will be sharper.

youll be able to play your improvisations that you sing on your guitar.
and you can pick up sheet music and hear the melody, chords in your head with out hearin the music!

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.