Picking up a 1st generation Ipod Touch from a classmate today on the cheap. $40. First I upgraded to 3.1.3 (3rd gen) IOS via alternative methods (Apple no longer updates the 1st gens). Now I want to replace the battery as it only lasts a few hours. Anybody know where I could get a battery and some instructions on how to install it. Anyone replaced a battery in their Itouch? Anything I should be weary of? Is this a bad idea for me to do and would I be better off just leaving it? Thanks.
i wouldnt risk breaking it.

also 1st generations are crap anyways.

theyr slower, bigger, and you have to turn them on the change the volume because they lack volume buttons like the new ones.
I'd be careful. If you read the fine print you'll see there's a clause stating that Steve Jobs will kill you in your sleep if you even think about opening up any Apple product.
i don't think it's worth the new battery. You might as well get a 4G ipod touch. you could keep this docked as an alarm clock or something, though.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

1st Gen Ipod Touch Self-Refurbishing

Ipod Touch Self-Refurbishing

Touch Self
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by rickyj
i wouldnt risk breaking it.

also 1st generations are crap anyways.

theyr slower, bigger, and you have to turn them on the change the volume because they lack volume buttons like the new ones.

Yet with the right firmware they can play music, run apps, and do the things one would have an itouch for minus the new features of the 4th gen. How are they crap? It suits my uses but I am a simpleton.