So I'm in the market for a nice OD. Something that will really improve the drive on my amp or give an amazing dirty tone when my amp is run clean. So far my choices are;
Fulltone OCD or Plimsoul
PC Timmy (not too keen on the waiting time)
BFJ Honey bee

Is there anymore I should be looking at? Main genres of music would be hard rock a la Gn'R, heaviest I would play is Alter Bridge so not insane amounts of gain.

Cheers,
Dan
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
It has a distortion pedal and an overdrive and you can combine both for insane distortion...
You're paying for one pedal and getting three...
The distortion is wicked for alterbridge stuff and the overdrive is perfect for that classic rock sound,
Usually go for £150 brand new but shop around and you'll be able to get one second hand (=

Edit:
If you want to hear it in action check out the my link in my sig, I used it for most of my rhythm and all my lead tracks in that song (not the clean obvs)
Last edited by hawk_kst at Apr 4, 2011,
Quote by hawk_kst
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
It has a distortion pedal and an overdrive and you can combine both for insane distortion...
You're paying for one pedal and getting three...
The distortion is wicked for alterbridge stuff and the overdrive is perfect for that classic rock sound,
Usually go for £150 brand new but shop around and you'll be able to get one second hand (=

Edit:
If you want to hear it in action check out the my link in my sig, I used it for most of my rhythm and all my lead tracks in that song (not the clean obvs)

I LOVE the VS J&H pedal. It is easily my favorite distortion. Its does everything I need in a overdrive/distortion.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by dannycasevnx
So I'm in the market for a nice OD. Something that will really improve the drive on my amp or give an amazing dirty tone when my amp is run clean. So far my choices are;
Fulltone OCD or Plimsoul
PC Timmy (not too keen on the waiting time)
BFJ Honey bee

Is there anymore I should be looking at? Main genres of music would be hard rock a la Gn'R, heaviest I would play is Alter Bridge so not insane amounts of gain.

Cheers,
Dan

Alter Bridge? None of this pedals will do that.
AB tone is maybe not insane amounts of gain, but quite a lot anyway.

I can highly recommend Okko Dominator.
You can also take a look at Suhr Riot.
MI Audio Tube Zone is very nice too and used can be bought quite cheap.
you might want to consider a digitech hardwire cm-2 tube overdrive. in regular mode it works and sounds much like a tubescreamer. in the mod mode it ups the gain and gives a pretty decent distortion sound through the clean channel.
Check out both the Rothwell Heartbreaker and Rothwell SwitchBlade. The Heartbreaker is great for higher gain rock and also has a low gain switch, whereas the SwitchBlade is more aimed towards the heavier style of metal.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly