Can someone give me a few examples of songs in 4/4 (or 3/4) with 5 bar chord progressions?

I'm trying to write a song like this and would like a few examples to listen to.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to UG! This is the wrong forum. Please read each forum carefully before posting so that you are sure that it is in the right area. If you still do not know, contact a moderator (orange, green, blue or red usernames).

*moved to MT*
Quote by mousecape
Can someone give me a few examples of songs in 4/4 (or 3/4) with 5 bar chord progressions?

I'm trying to write a song like this and would like a few examples to listen to.

Thanks in advance.

What made you decide on a 5 bar chord progression for your composition?
(considering you've never heard one before)

suggestion....

when you write music, draw from your own experience.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Apr 5, 2011,
Quote by GuitarMunky
What made you decide on a 5 bar chord progression for your composition?
(considering you've never heard one before)

suggestion....

when you write music, draw from your own experience.

+1

although if you want to you can o course... most 5 bar phrases are extensions of 4 bar phrases, if you looking at 3/4, a hemiola would be a good way to achieve this.
Quote by gavk
+1

although if you want to you can o course... most 5 bar phrases are extensions of 4 bar phrases, if you looking at 3/4, a hemiola would be a good way to achieve this.
Yep. Really all you need to do is just throw an extra measure in at the end of the phrase to turn it around.

Something like this where you just let the last chord hang through the extra measure is a really simple way to do it:
Attachments:
Untitled2.gp5
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
It's not that I've never heard a song like this before, I just wanted to hear some that I hadn't heard. Thanks for the advice. I was just looking for a few examples of songs like this, though.
Last edited by mousecape at Apr 5, 2011,