Hi everyone!

Could you please have a listen and let me know what you think of our singer?

We have just recently got her in, and not so sure if she's what we're looking for. Don't get me wrong, she's a great singer, but not sure if she fits the music so well.

Would really appreciate any thoughts on this, as the listeners opinions are what matter most.

Thanks very much!

http://www.myspace.com/laterhaze
I think she suits the music pretty well, she's got a nice mellow voice.

Btw, get a reverbnation, myspace is outdated.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
I listened to both of the songs, and her voice actually fits rather nicely with your style. Only other option I can think of that might fit would be a gruff male voice.
Thanks for all the comments guys! It really helps me out!

Thanks for the advice dm, will look into that!

I agree Johnny, it does sound nice, but I also think a gruff/rough bluesy male voice would maybe suit the sound better!

Thanks luyano, i'm really glad you like it.

Thanks again everyone, really appreciate it!
I listened to the music and loved it! then read your idea of the male rougher voice and I really don't know.. But it sounds awesome atm!

I'm in Brighton! Nudge me when you're gigging!
I think it sounds fine to be honest. No complaint what-so-ever. It's better to be slightly different than the usual, makes ya stand out.

She's got a good voice too, so I say it's all good.
Thanks for all the comments everyone!

That's awesome pip, delighted you like it! We have a couple of gigs coming up actually. Added you as a friend, so will let you know!

Cheers Anexa, again, delighted you like it! She definitely does have a good voice, just feels like there is something missing.....

Think I'll have a hunt and see what I can find!

Thanks again for the input kind people!
I think the thing here is she's singing in more of a tenor range than anything thats suitable for a girl, and because of that she doesnt quite have the same power that you might want. If you got a guy with a relatively high voice to sing the same stuff or simply transpose the song up a few semitones with the same singer as you have now it should sound a good deal better for the style imo.
That's a good observation Frrrrrrunkis! She does have a pretty deep voice for a female. Like I say, i'm on the lookout for a new singer. Think I will try and get a male in, as I think it will suit the sound better, not just for the range, but more for the tone I think!

Thanks for the reply! Cheers, Danyil.
I agree there's something missing, but there's certainly nothing wrong with her as the lead vocalist. For me what you need is just a growlier male backing vocal in parts singing a lower harmony just to add a bit of texture and fill things out from time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
For me good vocals is something that really makes a band stand out - let's face it, there's a lot of bands out there who are doing similar things musically but whilst they're always going to be working hard on the music sometimes the vocals don't get the same amount of attention.

There's something magical about good harmonised vocals - do it right and two people suddenly start sounding like a choir.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
She sounds very well, why replace her? Schedule? She suits the sound
See if she can figure out how to distort her voice just a tad. I think it would add alot.

Either that or have one of the guitarists do a lower grittier part or something. Even if it's almost some yelling.

I think part of the 'missing' factor is just the recording though. If it was a "studio" recording per say you'd probably get her ON TOP of the mic practically, it'd add alot of bass. Probably take away that 'missing' sound.

I really like her though. I would definitely keep her. A guy would sound *really* generic.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment everyone!

We have been looking for a new singer, but we haven't really found anyone that will suit our sound yet. May keep hunting around though. I do like the singer at the moment, but I spoke to the others and they want her out, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. I may have another chat with them.

Thanks again everyone!
I gotta tell you man, if you get rid of her theres *nothing* to differentiate you. You'll sound like every other bluesy rock band.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
If you got a male bandmember to sing, you could get a cool 'Dead Weather' type thing going on. If you got your typical blues-rock male singer, you would like millions of other bands with that exact sound.
I think her voice is perfect. If she can sing stronger and louder at times, and got at least some harmonized vocals in there, you could pull off some really good stuff with some Pixies-styled soft-verse loud-chorus format. I don't know why I think I'd love to hear her nearly scream into the mic. I liked the build-up in Rainy Eyes, but if she could get really loud and didn't worry so much about nailing a good mellow sound, it would be a lot more intense and interesting and add to the dynamics massively.

Maybe that's just me though, I used to work in a grunge band and loved those outbursts from a female vocalist with a similar voice to yours.
modes are a social construct