So my father has a rather old stero (mid 80s) but it sounds nice, and is nice and loud. But, being an old stero, it is not designed to support modern devices. (the speakers, power envelope, and input selector are from the mid 80s, but theres a CD player thats slightly newer)
On the back of the imput selector, there imputs for Tuner (radio), Phono (record player), CD, and some thing else (tape maybe). But i was wondering if i could get an 1/8th in. cabal (that splits into a L/R 1/8th) and plug my computer into the imput selector. My dad seemed to think that miliAmps And/or watts need to match up. Thoughts?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Last edited by rushpython at Apr 4, 2011,
If you're plugging it directly in from your sound card, it should work. Any computer speakers should have their own power amp (much like that of a stereo like yours). To be safe, you should minimize the volume on your computer's master volume control, and gradually level it to an acceptable level with every other source. To be honest, I think you'd just be better off to get a nice pair of audio monitors or genreral computer speakers though...
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by Karlboy
If you're plugging it directly in from your sound card, it should work. Any computer speakers should have their own power amp (much like that of a stereo like yours). To be safe, you should minimize the volume on your computer's master volume control, and gradually level it to an acceptable level with every other source. To be honest, I think you'd just be better off to get a nice pair of audio monitors or genreral computer speakers though...

yeah, but i have this, and i don't need to spend any more money.
I like having 40 dollars...
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII