I've been hearing gret things about both of these amps and on the other hand people disliking them. I like playing metallica to kse to a7x. I'd like something that has cleans that are usble. also im not playing any gigs. Just this back room I have that my parents can't hear me play. I also ocassionally play with a bass player and drums. These amps are about my max price range. I have a schecter hellraiser with emgs . I know someone on UG will help me find the right amp. Also if there are other amps at about that rpice range that you recomend feel free to tell me. .
Well the 6505 combo would nail A7X and KSE really well, but the cleans won't be usable. Also, from what I've heard, the 6505 combo versions are Chinese made instead of USA made like their heads. The Rev Jr. is American made and has cleans that put the 6505 to shame. It doesn't have near as much gain as the 6505, but it is very modern voiced and has a unique type of sound to it. Plus, Krank makes really good cabinets loaded with Eminence Legends(I own a Krank 1x12) while Peavey speakers are known for being shitty.

If possible, try out both and see which one you like the best. I'd personally get the Krank, but that's just me.
Well no guitar store has a 6505 combo for me to try out but i know they have a krank rev jr pro (im not sure what what 50 or 20) at the store so im onna try that out.
The 6505 wouldn't nail KsE; they use Splawn Nitros w/ KT88s IIRC. It'll get the heaviness, but not the tone. A7X possibly, no idea what they use. Last I heard it was an Uberschall?

I'll take the 6505 combo, though. Kranks are really personal preference.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I hear the 6505 sounds really loose but the krank im still worried about the low end chug. im not sure if thats the video or how it actually sounds.
But thank you for a comparison
Put an overdrive in front with volume at 10, gain at 0. Tightness for days.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
The 6505 wouldn't nail KsE; they use Splawn Nitros w/ KT88s IIRC. It'll get the heaviness, but not the tone. A7X possibly, no idea what they use. Last I heard it was an Uberschall?

I'll take the 6505 combo, though. Kranks are really personal preference.

You'll be fine for kse tones on a 6505. The nitro was only used for over dubs, and the majority of the last record (which you are referencing) was a diezel vh-4.
Guitars
Amps
A7x now apparently uses jet city 100hdm's
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Thanks for the tip with the OD. Im really starting to lean towards the 6505 cause the krnk sounds kinda bright while the peavey has a really dark heavy sound.
A7X uses Jet City at least live, one of their guys does.

But anyhow - the 6505+ has cleans - but they are quite dirty even at their best. More distortion than God himself.

The Krank is modern as hell, and by modern I mean thick, bassy distortion. I've never played it, but from audio clips it might suffer from cutting through the mix. This thing also has TONS of gain available. The head at least - don't know about the combo. This thing is pricey though, as Krank is a more boutique type amp company.
Quote by abonnezvousa
Thanks for the tip with the OD. Im really starting to lean towards the 6505 cause the krnk sounds kinda bright while the peavey has a really dark heavy sound.

Keep in mind that farmosh's comparison consisted of the Krankenstien Jr, which is voiced differently than the Rev Jr. Here's a really good demo of the Rev. Jr.
are you talking about the krank 50w and 20w or the actual 100w heads lol. im not making fun of them im just wondering cause i need something to play at home all the time and with the occassional drummer
I see now haha Ian_the_fox. I usually listen to this guy demo amps. That makes it sound like a good amp. Do you think puting an OD or a 2x12 for it would make it even better
ah farmosh i get it but that still a good comparison of those amps. Im glad you made a video comparing another amp to the 6505 combo
Quote by abonnezvousa
I see now haha Ian_the_fox. I usually listen to this guy demo amps. That makes it sound like a good amp. Do you think puting an OD or a 2x12 for it would make it even better

An OD would defiantly make it better. Try an Ibanez TS-9 or Maxon OD9 in front of it to not only give it extra saturation but also boost the mid frequencies to cut through the mix. Almost EVERY metal player does this with their amp.

A good 2x12 (like one loaded with V30's) would give you more bass response and the sound would cover more area, but it would be a lot more expensive.
Go for the Rev, much better quality and tone and Can nail the sounds your looking for. I almost got one my self. honestly it's the only good amp Krank makes but it's amazing!
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Quote by abonnezvousa

The Krank can sound insanely dark and heavy, that's the beauty of having a parametric EQ.

Quote by abonnezvousa
Do you think puting an OD or a 2x12 for it would make it even better

I run mine with an OD (Maxxon OD808) in front of it and it really helps to tighten up the gain. I also run a second OD (Diamond J-Drive) for leads, but that's not really a necessity, more so for my personal preference.

I also Run mine through a Marshall 1936 Vintage and no doubt, that helped it sound much bigger than just through the standard 112 it comes with. That said though, the 112 it comes with is nothing to sneeze at.

Quote by abonnezvousa
are you talking about the krank 50w and 20w or the actual 100w heads lol. im not making fun of them im just wondering cause i need something to play at home all the time and with the occassional drummer

This is exactly what I use mine for. I live in an apartment building and have no problems playing it there. I also jam in a three piece, it has no problems keeping up with a bassist and a drummer.

One thing I tend to recommend with the Rev Jr. is a re-tubing. I run mine with Tung-Sol 5881s in the power amp, I found that really gave the cleans a lot more character and made them sound over all better. As for preamp, I just ran that with straight JJ 12AX7s, made the gain much smoother.
well it seems a lot of people are leaning towards the rev. i should be going try one sometime this week. but so far it seems id get the head and a tubescreamer and a good 2x12. which wattage should i go for the 20w or the 50w?
Quote by abonnezvousa
well it seems a lot of people are leaning towards the rev. i should be going try one sometime this week. but so far it seems id get the head and a tubescreamer and a good 2x12. which wattage should i go for the 20w or the 50w?

I'd go with the 50 watt for more headroom and better cleans, but I believe the 50 watt is more expensive than the 20. Go with whatever your budget allows. Keep in mind you will also have to buy speaker cables (which are much different than regular guitar cables) to connect your head to the cabinet. Also be sure to have money left over for a TS-9 if you want to use one with your head.

For a good low-priced V30 2x12, check out the Randall RV 2x12.
Well Zacky from A7X plays a Jet City JCA100hdm as of recently and Syn plays a JCM800 and JVM 210 live. So neither of those amps are gonna get too close to their tones.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Well the 6505 combo would nail A7X and KSE really well, but the cleans won't be usable. Also, from what I've heard, the 6505 combo versions are Chinese made instead of USA made like their heads. The Rev Jr. is American made and has cleans that put the 6505 to shame. It doesn't have near as much gain as the 6505, but it is very modern voiced and has a unique type of sound to it. Plus, Krank makes really good cabinets loaded with Eminence Legends(I own a Krank 1x12) while Peavey speakers are known for being shitty. If possible, try out both and see which one you like the best. I'd personally get the Krank, but that's just me.

Opinion.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
i have guitar cables lol. when my dad got his marshall cab in it came with 10 of them lol. and dont worry ill be sure to by a ts-9 or 808. and thanks for the suggestion on the cab.