Is not equal to... Like in math and most programming languages.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
sp3ak!ng !nt3rnetz
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
"does not equal"? as in a crossed out equal sign and im pretty sure that its math slang if anything.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
it means ≠
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Not being a ferocious nerd, i see this everywhere and have no idea what it is.

Thanks.
Quote by shmeegle
Not being a ferocious nerd, i see this everywhere and have no idea what it is.

Thanks.

Then read the responses.
also i wonder about TL;DR and inb4? i know the context where they get used, but wassit mean?
My sig? Nice.
Quote by BurningTurkey
also i wonder about TL;DR and inb4? i know the context where they get used, but wassit mean?

Too long; didn't read.

in before ____, in other words calling out ____ so users don't post it afterwards.
Quote by CheezMeUp
Is not equal to... Like in math and most programming languages.

Most programing languages use != ...for not equal. At least that I've seen.
took plenty of math. Just didn't take any courses on being too lazy to use big boy words.
Quote by NemX162
Most programing languages use != ...for not equal. At least that I've seen.

That.

=/= would mean nothing in any programming language as the = is universally shared for "equals" and / is universally shared for division.
Quote by Seref
That.

=/= would mean nothing in any programming language as the = is universally shared for "equals" and / is universally shared for division.

Yeah, =/= is just the lazy person's way of typing ≠, the inequality sign.

Quote by shmeegle
took plenty of math. Just didn't take any courses on being too lazy to use big boy words.

Just learned to be too lazy to be consistent when capitalising words and too lazy to use search engines, eh? Well, now you know what it means. Next time, Google is your friend.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
Just learned to be too lazy to be consistent when capitalising words and too lazy to use search engines, eh? Well, now you know what it means. Next time, Google is your friend.

Google did shit all for me actually. I searched 3 searches and found nothing. As for capitalising words, yeah i'm not great. At least they're words.
Quote by shmeegle
Google did shit all for me actually. I searched 3 searches and found nothing. As for capitalising words, yeah i'm not great. At least they're words.

Strangely, Urban Dictionary actually has a useful definition for this one: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%3D%2F%3D

But I'd not rely on it for most things
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
No, as a matter of fact, Urban Dictionary is the worst source of definitions.

You ever call someone a ponce before?

They said it meant someone with fake intelligence. Guess what it means?

"Pimp" "Posh or effiminate person"

I had the fake intelligence. You know how many pimps were at work the past couple weeks? Too many.
Quote by TomusAM
Ok, now's my turn to be a n00b. Who the hell is this dude?

James van der Meme
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...