Page 4 of 7
Neil Peart
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by SOADrox429
Probably Danny Carey, but Gene Hoglan, Inferno, Tim Yeung, and George Kollias deserve mentions.

His stuff with World Under Blood is SICK. I agree with Gene Hoglan, as well as whoever drummed on Death's Sound of Perseverance. He's cool.

Biggest influence on my drumming is probably Roger Taylor and Brann Dailor, at the same time.

Chad Szeliga of Breaking Benjamin. Absolutely the single most underrated drummer I've ever heard. His drumming in Breaking Benjamin doesn't give him credit for what he actually is lol.
My favorites include: Blake Richardson, Bill Bruford, Michael Giles, Buddy Rich, Christian Vander, Thomas Pridgen, Neil Peart, Panda Bear, and Brann Dailor.
Close one eye, step to the side.
I have a few. Not in order though.
Joel Piper of Confide
Aaron Gilliespie of Underoath
Ringo Starr of Beatles
David Garibaldi of Tower of Power
Harvey Mason of Fourplay
Wesley Finley of Rebelution
i cant understand why Adler from Lamb Of God is only mentioned 1/2 times. He is an amazing drummer, I heard he started at 21 or something, has amazing skills and very good tone (that means ánd the sound of his kit ánd his own sound). The reason I got into Lamb Of God was the drumming (double bass ftw).
1) Open Google Translator
2) Set it from English to Vietnamese
3) Type "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty"
4) Translate
5) Copy the Vietnamese text
6) Translate back from Vietnamese to English
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Tre is so cool
Meg White

This...seriously. Absolutely adore The White Stripes, and she is perfect in it.
Finally Meg White getting some recognition. She suits that band perfectly, and it's a shame so many people trash her. She is a perfect example of "playing for the music," she isn't flashy, technical or whatever...she plays just enough, and exactly what is needed for that band. Her timing is great, she's solid. She's very similar to Ringo, people are so down on him too, but he's in the same boat in my opinion...you put any one else behind the set in the Beatles and it just wouldn't be the same. People like these two have so much respect from me...for their ability to play what is needed in the music, and not let their ego take over.
I made a thread about Michael Giles, but one of the guys said I should just post it here.

He was an amazing drummer but, unfortunately, didn't have as long as a career that I would have hoped for.

If any of you are master-philes like me, here's the drum part for '21st Century Schizoid Man'.

Back on topic, most of the KC drummers (Giles and Bruford, specifically), Tim Alexander and Brian Mantia of Primus, Neil Peart (If you don't know what band he's from then you're in the wrong forum), and Brad Wilk, because RATM are very amazing musicians all-round.
(In no particular order)

Chris Adler
Mike Portnoy
Danny Carey
Nicko McBrain
Vinnie Abbott (sp?)
Nick Menza
Inferno
George Kolias
John Otto
John Bonham
Shannon Lucas
Dan Briggs
Jon Rice
EDIT: Fail forgot Neil Peart, Buddy Rich, and Van Williams
Last edited by MonkeyPlaysBass at Sep 19, 2011,
Quote by MonkeyPlaysBass
(In no particular order)

Chris Adler
Mike Portnoy
Danny Carey
Nicko McBrain
Vinnie Abbott (sp?)
Nick Menza
Inferno
George Kolias
John Otto
John Bonham
Shannon Lucas
Dan Briggs
Jon Rice
EDIT: Fail forgot Neil Peart, Buddy Rich, and Van Williams

NOT A DRUMMER.

Anyways, I'm still hooked on Travis Orbin atm.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
My favourites are Benny Greb, Thomas Lang, Tomas Haake, Travis Orbin and Matt Halpern.

I love the technicality of the stuff that they play, it's what attracts me to music in general. I feel like playing something simple is an injustice to the instrument, why not try and make it the best you can? Just my opinion, and am open to new ideas.
Moon the Loon.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I'm not a drummer. But i'd like to add my .02 if I may... back when I was a teen 80's.. I would have picked from several Dave Lombardo, Nick Menza, Tommy Lee my number 1 being Larz Ulrich, and now that I'm a little older and not so "metal struck" I would have to say Neil Peart with Gene Holgan and Vinnie Paul running close behind.Lots of very great drummers out there through genres.
Last edited by Ikillintel at Dec 28, 2011,
Quote by Ikillintel
I'm not a drummer. But i'd like to add my .02 if I may... back when I was a teen 80's.. I would have picked from several Dave Lombardo, Nick Menza, Tommy Lee my number 1 being Larz Ulrich, and now that I'm a little older and not so "metal struck" I would have to say Neil Peart with Gene Holgan and Vinnie Paul running close behind.Lots of very great drummers out there through genres.

i really like Vinnie Paul's style. he keeps it heavy while still maintaining a somewhat minimalistic approach. i really like that compared to a lot of other double bass drummers whio just shoot 16th or 32nd notes for a four minute song.

Vinnie Paul also seemed to have varied influences that he put together to complement his style. shown off well in "Becoming" really showcases his abilities as well "revolution is my name"
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Alex Van Halen, Chad Szelgia, Bill Ward, Chad Smith, and Brandon Barnes.