Page 2 of 7
Thats a tasty kit Well, tasty music room, haha.

Damn dale, thats a cool setup, is the double pedal only set up for your left foot because the hi-hat is in front of the bass drum? I'd love to try a setup like that out, but my practice space is my shed, barely enough room for me, lol.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Thank you.

I was going to go with the full-Japanese Tama kit, but it would have cost me around £2000. I'm quite pleased with the Superstar. The kick drum is the nicest part, and the comfort of it all is great. The low toms and small snare are a joy to work with.
I need to set up a kit when theres room.

I normally have one snare,one floor tom and kickdrum + cymbals or have it set up open hand.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Tama Starclassic Maple (shallower shell, i forget what its called) with a custom shop Gretsch hand hammered copper snare. zildjian 13" hats and 20" ride, 16" Menil Soundcaster crash, 18 A Custom crash, and a menil filter china.

i got a rack for it now, but i will post those later.

and i also got another new set too. 1993 Ludwig USA mahogany 5 piece fusion.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Steve08
Those cymbals are the best, and that snare... mmmmmmmmh.

What are the Starclassics like?

they are really strong on the attack the way they are tuned now. its a 10" 12" 16" with the 16" tuned really low. but they have a really solid attack, and are really bright. i think i may throw some different heads on them though.

however just so everybody knows on this forum here, i don't know a whole lot about drums, and have only played for three months.

i got it on a trade for a guitar worth $300 and an amp worth $150. lol. so needless to say i picked them up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
alright, here is my second set. its a 1993 ludwig rocker set, maple, all of the shells are really deep and its a 12" 13" 14" fusion set. the cymbals are the same. i took this set in on trade, its really cool also because it has sequential serial numbers on the shells. made in the good ol' USA.

here is a 6 pioece of 1982 Tama drums i picked up for $120 with about $400 of like new hardware included... lol. so i made off like a bandit. they were set up, but they went down when the ludwigs went up. these are MIJ, and in the closet.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Apr 10, 2011,
You've been playing for 3 months and got all that?

Congrats good sir

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I definitely need to see a pic of Steve's setup.

Quote by Skinny91
Thats a tasty kit Well, tasty music room, haha.

Damn dale, thats a cool setup, is the double pedal only set up for your left foot because the hi-hat is in front of the bass drum? I'd love to try a setup like that out, but my practice space is my shed, barely enough room for me, lol.

No, both pedals and beaters are there, the hats are clamped to the bass drum and off to the side a little bit.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares

Don't really post photos on forums much, hope it loads right. Anyway, fairly standard double bass set up with 5 toms (10, 12, 13, 14, 16). Snare drum is a late 60s/early 70s (the manufacture date on the inside tag is a bit smudged) 5x14 maple Ludwig. Cymbals are (from left to right) Zildjian A Custom 14" mastersound hi-hats, 20" medium ride, 12" splash, Meinl 16" crash (very cheap one), A custom 15" fast crash. There's also an LP Brass cowbell somewhere up in there. As for heads, the toms have Aquarian Studio X clear heads, and the Snare has a Focus X coated head with a power dot, bass drums still have the stock Evans heads.
Quote by Skinny91
You've been playing for 3 months and got all that?

Congrats good sir

i am kind of an instrument dealer to a point, so they came to me, i just decided to start keeping them for personal use instead of resale.

thanks AG!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
My gear:
Note: Have since added a second AAXplosion crash. 16" this time instead of 19"
Kit is a real old Mapex V Series, Thinking 80's/90;s

Alright, time to bring down the value of this thread! Here is my pawn shop kit. Doesn't sound horrible, except for the cymbal. But it's what I have for now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Haha, liking the taped up cymbal

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
@thebroken: I don't think I've ever seen an arm extending from the rack for the floor tom. That's really strange.

Quote by thebroken
Alright, time to bring down the value of this thread! Here is my pawn shop kit. Doesn't sound horrible, except for the cymbal. But it's what I have for now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with shitty broken cymbals. That Paiste ride of mine was probably worth a lot of money before whatever happened to it happened. Course, I couldn't of bought it for $20 if it weren't like that, so...
Yeah, that tom is supposed to go in the other way like the other tom. BUT my floor tom is currently "broken" so I'm using that tom as the "floor" tom.
Does this count as gear?

I just put this "subkick" together in 10 seconds for 0 dollars since I had everything I already needed. Here's a clip. First two hits are the internal mic, second two hits are the sub, last four hits are the internal mic and sub. EQ and a tiny bit of verb on the internal mic and nothing on the sub.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/subkick%20test.mp3?w=33c1f705
Awesome, I'm glad there's a drum forum, I'll be here all the time, I wonder if I can get my drummer on here.

One question though- He needs a new double-kick pedal, but is looking to buy a Pearl Demon Double Eliminator. I know I shouldn't be encroaching on his gear choices since I have almost nothing to do with the instrument (but oh do I want to learn), but my gut says this is an extremely over priced piece of gear. Anyone else have experience with it?
The DDs are cool but are overshadowed by Axis and Trick IMO. I'd probably go for a set of Trick Dominators out of all of those, although what you should note is that it's hard to perform heel down on that pedal (or any longboard pedal, really) due to the lack of a heel stop. The DDs have this ridiculously tiny pedalboard, which I'm not a fan of. But yeah, I wouldn't say the DDs are horribly overpriced, they're a professional grade pedal by all means and pretty much every professional grade, direct-drive pedal will be in a similar price range, but like said, I doubt I'd get one over an Axis or Trick... although they do look positively slick, haha.

Personally, my favorite bass pedal is the Off-Set double bass. Would strongly encourage anybody to check them out as the design is almost entirely unique and has an edge on, well... every other pedal, really.
Last edited by Steve08 at Apr 17, 2011,
Quote by JDizzle787
Awesome, I'm glad there's a drum forum, I'll be here all the time, I wonder if I can get my drummer on here.

One question though- He needs a new double-kick pedal, but is looking to buy a Pearl Demon Double Eliminator. I know I shouldn't be encroaching on his gear choices since I have almost nothing to do with the instrument (but oh do I want to learn), but my gut says this is an extremely over priced piece of gear. Anyone else have experience with it?

Its not really overpriced. You DO pay for what you get :P

But its not for everyone. If I'm not mistaken the DD has a feature which you can use to extend your 'boards?

Anyway,
This is my home kit that's in boxes now.

Ludwig Epic Funk with a Pearl Steel Piccolo

Features 20”x22” Kick, 8"x12", 7.5"x10", and 7"x8” Toms and a 15”x16” Floor Tom.

With Sabian AAX Stage Ride and Stage Crash along with HHX Stage Hats.

Yes, its a a weird setup in this picture, and when I DO get to play it, very rarely, its now a two tom, two floor tom affair.

This was my recording setup. PDP 805 and all Sabian AAXs except for the HHX hats and a Paragon Ride (out of picture)

Tama Iron Cobras
It rules guitarists with an iron fist. It is their mistress, and it is their haunted soul....Kingdoms (of tone) rise and fall and bend to its will. It is the siren. It is the dryad. It is the beautiful cruelty. It is delay.
I'm jealous of all you people that have more than 5 square feet to put a full size drum set in...

Anyway!

Sorry for the large image

This is what I wish my kit looked like:

I'm with you man, I barely have room for a standard setup.

What's that thing on top of the the hi-hat? The second clamp thingy I mean, not the cymbal

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I don't like overkill kits. I mean, they're fun, yeah, but after accustomizing myself to the novelty of having so many pieces I'd most likely just take it all apart and leave two crashes, one splash, one ride, one rack tom, two floor toms, a china, a single kick with double beaters, and a versatile snare.
Some of you guys have some really nice setups.

But those of you with over tilted toms and snares scare the hell out of me; who in the hell told you it was a good idea to tilt your snare forward so far? :S
Haha, agree'd, I'm sure it works for some people but I just find it awkward.

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
It also damages your skins as you're more likely to be hitting them at an angle and thus making scratch marks in the skins rather than the stick simply bouncing off them.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I don't like overkill kits. I mean, they're fun, yeah, but after accustomizing myself to the novelty of having so many pieces I'd most likely just take it all apart and leave two crashes, one splash, one ride, one rack tom, two floor toms, a china, a single kick with double beaters, and a versatile snare.

Overkill like Portnoy's Dream Theater setup?

I still can't get used to playing with just one rack tom though. I just.... don't feel comfortable. :P
It rules guitarists with an iron fist. It is their mistress, and it is their haunted soul....Kingdoms (of tone) rise and fall and bend to its will. It is the siren. It is the dryad. It is the beautiful cruelty. It is delay.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
It also damages your skins as you're more likely to be hitting them at an angle and thus making scratch marks in the skins rather than the stick simply bouncing off them.

This.
You need a relatively flat snare surface to properly perform drum rudiments. A tilted snare makes it hard as **** to do things like rolls and diddles, etc.
Seeing all the gear in this thread makes me sad.

I'm stuck with a Roland TD3 due to having a small bedroom
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by isaacmiranda7
Overkill like Portnoy's Dream Theater setup?

I still can't get used to playing with just one rack tom though. I just.... don't feel comfortable. :P
Yes, just like his kit. But then again, he is an overkill drummer, and that's what makes him so irreplaceable and so definable.

I personally prefer drummers who use a few small pieces to make an incredibly detailed pattern. I mean, with all those additional toms, cymbals and sounds, making anything complicated would overcrowd the sound and make it washy. A few integral pieces would allow the beats to breathe.

/fancy comment

Quote by Zach101
This.
You need a relatively flat snare surface to properly perform drum rudiments. A tilted snare makes it hard as **** to do things like rolls and diddles, etc.
Yep.
Ok here is my kit again in case you didn't see it the first time.

As for sizes and everything, well i've got 6 inches, but it's not on my ruler lol jk here is the original thread i made with sizes:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1433447

I did this for a laugh ages ago lol.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Jan 26, 2012,
Here's my kit

unfortunately I never get to play it. It's indefinately at our practice space where my drummer gets to play it every week, and I get to look at it and wish it was me playing

It's nothing fancy, But I love it all the same.

Sizes
20" kick
10" tom
12" tom
14" floor
14" Snare

An 18" kick would be nice. And some HHX cymbals. I'm not really into
double kick anymore either, so I'll probably never own one.

Last edited by shmeegle at May 10, 2011,
Quote by shmeegle
Here's my kit

unfortunately I never get to play it. It's indefinately at our practice space where my drummer gets to play it every week, and I get to look at it and wish it was me playing

hang on, you own a drum kit, and yet you have it in a practice place so your drummer can play it? Can't he play his own kit?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I've got nowhere to put it! Unless I want to just put the shells in a cupboard! So I set it up at our practice space. I get to hit it for 10 minutes or so during our Jams.

I should probably mention I moved out, and my Mother needed the space!

It makes more sense for him to use mine really seeing as it's there :/

I don't mind him using it anyway. He's a drummer and a half. I just get serious drum withdrawal from time to time:L