My band just got booked to play with Scale the Summit and The Human Abstract!

Page 1 of 2
And I'm really ****ing excited

To keep this from being spam- have any of you played in bands who have played with "bigger name" or "more well-known" artists?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
my friend's band played with as blood runs black, the human abstract, and born of osiris a couple of weeks ago. it was pretty awesome. congrats dude.
Go Veg.
Congrats! I saw Scale the Summit when they opened for Dream Theater's progressive nation tour in 2009. Great stuff, good luck!
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
Congratulations, I imagine that would be pretty exciting. I'm not part of a band yet. Don't have a proper amp anyway.

Oh yeah good luck to ya!
Literally haven't heard of a single band named so far ITT. Still, I don't follow that kinda stuff though, so that means little. More importantly, congratulations guys!
I've opened for Hollerado a couple times. No one outside of Canada will know them though. Or probably even outside Ontario, but they're getting fairly big.

Also, congrats!
Wow, I'm extremely jealous.

I just saw Scale the Summit on Saturday, amazing show!

And I'm seeing them with THA when they come here in May
I played the same festival as Brian Head Welch (ex korn dude) and Skillet, not that I like either of them.

Also congrats man.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
My band had an opportunity to open for Onward to Olympas last summer but the lead guitarist (who also kinda acted as the manager) decided to drop the show because we "weren't ready." I disagree with him to this day, but thats a different story.

Anyway congrats! Hope you have a great show!
Quote by im not mental
my friend's band played with as blood runs black, the human abstract, and born of osiris a couple of weeks ago. it was pretty awesome. congrats dude.

What band?
Quote by Fraydawg
I played the same festival as Brian Head Welch (ex korn dude) and Skillet, not that I like either of them.

Also congrats man.

Lol parachute!
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
that's pretty awesome, good for you and have a great show. both bands kick ass, but do me a favour and tell Scale the Summit that they're actually allowed to use more than 2 or 3 riffs per song eh?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
My band opened for Atreyu at the Rave about 4 years ago. Twas awesome.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Dude thats fricken awesome. I just listened to ur stuff via ur sig. Frostbitten Sky is a kick-ass song. Im sure you guys will put on a good show

edit: Contextual Relevance is really good too. I just might buy them
Pittsburgh Penguins: 46-22-6
Last edited by badguitarist13 at Apr 5, 2011,
Without reading the OP, I know your band is Acrasia. I commented on the Facebook post. Congrats again dude!

Oh, and if you can pass on to STS that I still want them to come to Newfoundland!
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Apr 5, 2011,
Quote by Fraydawg

Also congrats man.

Were you in the hardcore showcase? (I went just for that)

OT: Good luck, and try and give the Human Abstract guitarist a hug just for being
awesome.
You should be more excited about playing with Elitist and Letlive. than Scale the Summit imo
Holy shit. I love those bands.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by space aids
Congratulations, I imagine that would be pretty exciting. I'm not part of a band yet. Don't have a proper amp anyway.

Oh yeah good luck to ya!

Now what you really need....

Ahh nevermind.

I do like THA quite a lot, make sure you put on a hell of a show.
Mate's ex girlfriends brother went on tour with Avenged Sevenfold
Hardly a claim to fame but y'know.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Meelad360
You should be more excited about playing with Elitist and Letlive. than Scale the Summit imo
I would give anything but my balls for that tour to come near here. THA, Elitist and STS are all decent as ****, but I've never heard of Letlive.
Quote by space aids

Oh yeah good luck to ya!

So you might say. You need a new amp? >_>
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Trowzaa
Mate's ex girlfriends brother went on tour with Avenged Sevenfold
Hardly a claim to fame but y'know.
A buddy of mine is really good friends with these two brothers that used to live across the street from him. I hung out with them once in the second grade (2002), and chilled in their basement playing THPS2 while their cousin shredded the balls out of his guitar in the other room. I didn't really care though, because at the time N64 was way cooler than guitar.

That guy is now 23. He accompanied Kreator on their full North America tour with Exodus in 2009, and recently replaced Adam Weber as the guitarist for Threat Signal. I wish I had been more interested in guitar when I was eight
Congratulations!
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
That's awesome man. I'm super jealous of you right now, cuz I want to get that show soooo bad.

The biggest bands I've played with are Born of Osiris, In This Moment, Powerman 5000, Static X, and Nevermore in 2 weeks.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 5, 2011,
Page 1 of 2