I've kindly been given a jts wireless system from an old friend of mine. Been playing around with it in the studio and home use for a couple of weeks but never really saw the need for it live. I get the whole no leads on the floor situation while on stage and the fact you can move around a lot more but without being on a huge stage there really is no need for it.

So what is people preference and why? Wireless or cable?
I would love a wireless system and would buy one if I could afford one. I like to move around on stage and occasionally trip or get tangled in my lead. I have heard that the quality of your sound can suffer when using a wireless device. Experiences anyone?
Unless you're playing in a massive arena it's not worth having a wireless system, they're a little too unreliable and tone-sucky. I've not yet tripped over a lead, even in my room.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I trip over leads all the time in my room and at practices, etc. But maybe I'm just really clumsy and spend too much time spinning in circles.
Quote by sk8m8trix
I trip over leads all the time in my room and at practices, etc. But maybe I'm just really clumsy and spend too much time spinning in circles.

Ditto, I've nearly tripped up playing gigs too. I can't help but run around and shit when playing

I'd love a wireless setup but I don't think they're worth the cost.
A good wireless system doesn't suck the tone out, but those are expensive.
Regular ol' cables are far cheaper and unless you tend to trip on them more reliable.
For a bit more free range I'd get coiled cables.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Cable, cuz they are a lot cheaper, and wireless needs charging/batteries which is inherently a pain in the rear. If I was playing a massive stadium, then, yeah, a top notch wireless would be cool, but as I usually do a bit of singing as well I tend to be rooted to the immediate vicinity of a mic stand.

Gimme 12-20 feet of cable to play with and I'm happy - can roam around enough and not lose to much in the way of signal (shorter the cable the better). A couple of strips of gaffa tape sticking it to the floor helps any adverse tripping hazards...