I'm getting my first smartphone this weekend and I'm at a standstill on what to choose. Any one have either phone or suggestions? Feedback is greatly appreciated.
Equipment:
Ibanez sa
Randall 120 halfstack
Heartfield Talon I ( for sale pm me for details )
Heavly modified Squire
Yahmaha bass
Peavy 20 watt pratice amp
XBL:johnnyDiamond08
Steam: ishotu2

That answer your question?

*puts on sunglasses*

*farts away into the sky*
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Apr 5, 2011,
These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Was the Droid ad the one with Blue Monday in it? If so, go for that one.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
BlackBerry Bold 9700
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Your post was kind of ambiguous, but I think it seems like you're also open to suggestions for other phones.

I'm currently using the HTC Desire, and it's actually quite impressive. Sure, it may lag some time when it has to render a lot of thumbnails (application list...etc), but other than that it does not lag at all and is pretty good at what it does.

HTC Desire review: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-desire-679515/review?artc_pg=1 (Notice: 5 stars, baby.)

I'll stop being a fanboy now.

I'd avoid the Motorola because I personally find the Motoblur very clunky, or at least it seems very clunky from reviews, which was why I didn't get the Motorola Defy.

If you're an app *****, you might use up the 2GB internal storage on the Fascinate, which would be a problem because apparently you can't transfer your apps to an SD card. I'm not sure why that's the case, because Froyo implements that function and the Fascinate is upgradeable to 2.2.

Motorola Droid X review: http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/droid-x-review

Samsung Fascinate review: http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-fascinate-black-verizon/4505-6452_7-34129372.html

Just in case you haven't checked them out.

Edit: Apparently the Fascinate uses Gorilla Screen, which I've heard is gorgeous. Might want to factor that in.
The Fascinate comes with a big sd card for more space. I think you end up with about 16gs.
Equipment:
Ibanez sa
Randall 120 halfstack
Heavly modified Squire
Yahmaha bass
Quote by extra heavy
The Fascinate comes with a big sd card for more space. I think you end up with about 16gs.

TBH the big SD card isn't very important IMO.

But the Fascinate is awesome for storage though. Look at that internal memory! The HTC Desire has like, I don't know, 60mb free internal memory with the OS installed?

Froyo has alleviated the storage problems on it to some extent, but it'll really only go away if I'm willing to root, and I'm not sure I'd risk messing up my phone for that. Sure, it's easy. Sure, it's reversible. But I'm not sure if they'd refuse to serve the warranty for my phone if anything crops up and they find out I flashed roms and stuff.

To that end...if you want to buy a phone in the Desire series by HTC, get the HD.
if you must choose between those two, Droid X. Its an all around better phone out of the box.

Although if dev support is as strong for the Fascinate as it is for the Vibrant (which I have) then the Fascinate could be modified to kick the Droid x's ass.
The Droid X is one of the best phones you can get today, so long as you're cool with having such a giant thing in your pocket.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
out of the 2, Droid X

better phone? iPhone 4
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Quote by kadinh
out of the 2, Droid X

better phone? iPhone 4

I hate to be that guy (well, actually I love to), but
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by lushacrous
I hate to be that guy (well, actually I love to), but

I love my iPhone 4 and since owning an iPhone with iOS, I will never switch to the inferior android OS...
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
I have the Fascinate, just got it a few days ago. Personally, I love it. The screen is gorgeous. The phone is fast and responsive and have had no problems with it whatsoever to this point.

I actually find it easier to text on this touch screen than with a regular keyboard.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Last edited by sharpshootr55 at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by lushacrous
The Droid X is one of the best phones you can get today, so long as you're cool with having such a giant thing in your pocket.

Im used to big things in my pockets
Equipment:
Ibanez sa
Randall 120 halfstack
Heavly modified Squire
Yahmaha bass
[{but really you should get the atrix, that things a beast}]
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Apr 7, 2011,
Quote by extra heavy
Im used to big things in my pockets

I've been waiting for this. Took you guys long enough.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by kadinh
I love my iPhone 4 and since owning an iPhone with iOS, I will never switch to the inferior android OS...

keep living in dreamworld man

the ONLY thing iOS has on android is a larger app store
Quote by Diamond Dave

And that's just about to change, too!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

My favorite android phones are from HTC, you should check those out too.

That being said, I have an iphone 4.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Diamond Dave

keep living in dreamworld man

Apple provides much better customer service, not just a larger, but BETTER app store in terms of content, constant upgrades and improvements to the firmware, jailbreak, etc.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Im posting off my droid x right now. I love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything other than maybe the thunderbolt from what I hear about them. The only downside about the droid x is its massive size. Its a plus when your using it but it's a pain in your ass carrying it around. Wont even fit into my pockets half the time
Quote by fearofthemark
Apple provides much better customer service, not just a larger, but BETTER app store in terms of content, constant upgrades and improvements to the firmware, jailbreak, etc.

iOS requires jailbreaking to get the functionality of android.

'nuff said.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Smart phones are dumb.

If you must get one though, make my sales numbers look good and get the HTC Thunderbolt. It's better than the Droid.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
HTC inspire dude. i think its better than both of those phones.
Like a leaf clings to a tree
Baby please cling to me
We're creatures of the wind...

Wild is the wind
Quote by Diamond Dave

I agree with you, except for the fact that that shouldn't even matter. Android has full Flash and Java, so you can actually use tools on the Internet. Steve Jobs has deluded people into thinking apps are the only ways to use the Internet on a smart phone, which is the only reason why the App store is so big.

And the Droid X got one more point than the Fascinate in reviews from Engadget, so I say get that.
Quote by Fullmetalzawa
I agree with you, except for the fact that that shouldn't even matter. Android has full Flash and Java, so you can actually use tools on the Internet. Steve Jobs has deluded people into thinking apps are the only ways to use the Internet on a smart phone, which is the only reason why the App store is so big.

And the Droid X got one more point than the Fascinate in reviews from Engadget, so I say get that.

Except when you actually use flash/java on your dumb phone, it dies after a few minutes. So great.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Except when you actually use flash/java on your dumb phone, it dies after a few minutes. So great.

Eh, well I figure that's a minor issue. Hardware always works itself out. And options are better than none in the end, which is what my deal with Apple is.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
iOS requires jailbreaking to get 50 times the functionality of android.

'nuff said.

fixed

Jailbroken iPhone 4 here.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by rabbherself
HTC inspire dude. i think its better than both of those phones.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Although, it seems your choices are for verizon, which would mean the HTC thunderbolt, seeing as its Verizons rebrand of the Inspire.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by JimmyBanks6
iOS requires jailbreaking to get the functionality of android.

'nuff said.

So what we've established is that:

iPhone has far superior apps
Better hardware
Better customer service
Reliable upgrades
Similar price point
More refined software
Same functionality (after all, jailbreaking=downloading a free program and clicking a button)

'nuff said?
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by Fullmetalzawa
Eh, well I figure that's a minor issue. Hardware always works itself out. And options are better than none in the end, which is what my deal with Apple is.

I'd have to disagree. Who actually plays flash games on their phone? Especially when native apps are 1848x better? iPhone has Netflix, YouTube, vimeo, etc so flash video is not a problem either. Besides, if you jailbreak, you can get flash.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by Fullmetalzawa

Oh yea such great options. As long as you don't need to make any calls or do anything after the morning you can use all the flash you want. Take that, Apple.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by fearofthemark
So what we've established is that:

iPhone has far superior apps

any important app on iphone is one android,

including games.

Better hardware

google motorola atrix, absolutely destroys iphone in every way possible

also antenna problems on iphone

Better customer service

except for the fact that you cant return your phone made of glass if the glass shatters

Reliable upgrades

wtf r u smoking?
phones are not upgradeable.

Similar price point

so its equal, not a plus

More refined software

so refined it cant even run flash, and jailbreaking is necessary to get widgets and customizations.

Same functionality (after all, jailbreaking=downloading a free program and clicking a button)

Still requires additional resources to get core functionality offered in android that can cause a bricked phone.

thanks for trying, come again.

Quote by poopsmith666
fixed

Jailbroken iPhone 4 here.

(at the comment, not the jailbreaking, as if i had an iphone i would also jailbreak it)

Quote by Xiaoxi

I always have flash running on my phone, and kongregate arcade is an arcade app that is a marketplace of ONLY flash games, and the battery life is fine, Steve Jobs is full of shit.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6

I always have flash running on my phone, and kongregate arcade is an arcade app that is a marketplace of ONLY flash games, and the battery life is fine, Steve Jobs is full of shit.

I demo/sell these POS first hand. Don't tell me the battery life is great. It's got nothing to do with Steve Jobs. These phones are stupid and useless and they pay me to convince consumers otherwise. All the great "options and features" are superfluous crap that does nothing but satisfy nihilism and consumerism. It's a stupid phone, not your identiy. Jesus.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I played around on my friends Droid Incredible by HTC and I wasn't a big fan of them. But that is the only phone by HTC I've ever used.
Equipment:
Ibanez sa
Randall 120 halfstack
Heavly modified Squire
Yahmaha bass
Quote by Xiaoxi
I demo/sell these POS first hand. Don't tell me the battery life is great. It's got nothing to do with Steve Jobs. These phones are stupid and useless and they pay me to convince consumers otherwise. All the great "options and features" are superfluous crap that does nothing but satisfy nihilism and consumerism. It's a stupid phone, not your identiy. Jesus.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

Dude my battery life with flash running is over a day, seems to be fine by me. First hand experience, rather then just selling them (always plugged in, yay) i actually take this away from the store

HTC Desire with oxygen 2.0.3 2.3 gingerbread.

Flash runes fine, sorry to burst your bubble, i own and use the phone.

Back when atdhe.net was running, i would watch hockey games on the phone in class, (during american holidays there are games during the day) and ppl with iphones would ask me how i could watch the game, it was cuz of flash.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO