Page 1 of 2
Anyone heard of these guys? Probably the most unique metalcore I have heard, short of the obvious PTH and BTBAM. I really like I Am Hollywood and It Hates You.
Probably my favourite band ever. I remember seeing them with Norma Jean never having heard of them before and they blew my mind. Such a shame they're not together any more, It Hates You is a magnificent album.
ABBA
I really wish I could have had the chance to see them before they "broke up". My girlfriend actually got me into them haha, although a tad too late. Isn't the singer with Maynard & The Sons of Disaster or something now? I think I'm going to see them with Protest The Hero soon, but meh, I'd rather see HiL...
Whaaat I never realised they broke up. That's a real shame, I Am Hollywood is such an amazing album, it's one of the only albums I've ever listened to that I love pretty much every song on the album. And all the tracks are so different as well. It Hates You is still pretty sick too.
Quote by celestialelixir
I really wish I could have had the chance to see them before they "broke up". My girlfriend actually got me into them haha, although a tad too late. Isn't the singer with Maynard & The Sons of Disaster or something now? I think I'm going to see them with Protest The Hero soon, but meh, I'd rather see HiL...

Mayleene and the Sons of Disaster
Quote by celestialelixir

WTF mate?
Maynard? Really?
Just because they both sound Southern doesn't mean they have the same vocalist.
Maylene's singer was actually the vocalist in Underoath at one time.
That being said, use the searchbar, guys.
TOP 500 Contributors
If you've got a real metalcore song that you want tabbed, let me know. I'll see what I can do.
I think MustangMan or Cody is a big fan.

I played a show with these guys a few years ago, didn't really talk to them. I used to own I Am Hollywood, but never digged it. In fact, the only song I really like by them came off of Suck Out The Poison, which no one likes. I think it's called Electronic Throat.
Quote by TheBDanAbstract

I played a show with these guys a few years ago, didn't really talk to them. I used to own I Am Hollywood, but never digged it. In fact, the only song I really like by them came off of Suck Out The Poison, which no one likes. I think it's called Electronic Throat.

Their "fans" didn't like it.
Which is retarded because Suck Out The Poison is actually a pretty sweet album.
TOP 500 Contributors
If you've got a real metalcore song that you want tabbed, let me know. I'll see what I can do.
Quote by millarso
WTF mate?
Maynard? Really?
Just because they both sound Southern doesn't mean they have the same vocalist.
Maylene's singer was actually the vocalist in Underoath at one time.
That being said, use the searchbar, guys.

That's not what he's saying at all- Schuylar filled in for Dallas on tour right after He is Legend went on hiatus.

Quote by TheBDanAbstract

One of my favorite bands behind BTBAM. They're incredible. It Hates You is one of the best rock albums I've ever heard. Also, Suck Out the Poison is awesome. So many good tracks on that. I Am Hollywood is my least favorite of their albums, but it's still very, very good.
Last edited by MustangMan311 at Apr 5, 2011,
Quote by MustangMan311
That's not what he's saying at all- Schuylar filled in for Dallas on tour right after He is Legend went on hiatus.

One of my favorite bands behind BTBAM. They're incredible. It Hates You is one of the best rock albums I've ever heard. Also, Suck Out the Poison is awesome. So many good tracks on that. I Am Hollywood is my least favorite of their albums, but it's still very, very good.

WITH THE SOOOUUULLLLLL OF A GYPSY QUEEEEEEEENNNNN, AND THE BRIGHTEST EYES THAT I'VE EVER SEEEEN!
Maylene, Maynard; does it ****ing matter? The band is trash.

Quote by The Spoon
Apparently they're not broken up
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/03/16/exclusive-report-whats-up-with-he-is-legend/

I love this band tons though. So good for their genre, and so much better than the majority of the bands they tend to tour with. I don't have SOTP, but I Am Hollywood and It Hates You are awesome.

They're basically on an indefinite hiatus. There hasn't been any word on them doing anything together since some secret show they played once in Wilmington, I believe.

Quote by GodofCheesecake

EDIT:
I did a search before I made the thread, and didn't see anything, but I guess I missed this one. Whoops.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Special C-7 FR
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Last edited by celestialelixir at Apr 5, 2011,
Quote by celestialelixir

They're basically on an indefinite hiatus. There hasn't been any word on them doing anything together since some secret show they played once in Wilmington, I believe.

EDIT:
I did a search before I made the thread, and didn't see anything, but I guess I missed this one. Whoops.

I'm assuming you used the search bar and not the search function that's off to the left of it. For future reference, the search function works a lot better than the search bar. Also, yeah- They played a secret show for some friends at the bar Schuylar works at and I somehow missed his announcement about it. That was the angriest I've been in a long time.
Quote by celestialelixir

That interview gave me hope for them coming back though. I really hope it happens, this band is too good to die. ****ing lame of solid state to neglect them like that. I hate the music industry.
Quote by celestialelixir

EDIT:

I'll have you know that I am severely offended, sir.
I was going to apologize for flakking you for the vocalist filling in for Dallas for a little while on tour. I had forgotten.
But Maylene is such a good band. Trash doesn't even come close to them, in my opinion. I guess you can think what you want, but I don't see how you could like He Is Legend and not have severe positive feelings for the almighty Maylene.
TOP 500 Contributors
There's a part in the song "The Primarily Blues" at around 1:50 which I like way more than anything else they've ever done. Really solid melody in the middle of a song that does nothing for me. When I got the album I remember looping that part over and over. "I Am Hollywood" is my favourite release by them, but it's still just ok. I'm not into the whole southern thing too much, and I get more than enough from ETID anyway.

Still a decent enough band though. Does someone want to tell me how to pronounce the singer's name?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by millarso
I'll have you know that I am severely offended, sir.
I was going to apologize for flakking you for the vocalist filling in for Dallas for a little while on tour. I had forgotten.
But Maylene is such a good band. Trash doesn't even come close to them, in my opinion. I guess you can think what you want, but I don't see how you could like He Is Legend and not have severe positive feelings for the almighty Maylene.

It's just my opinion, dude. No need to be offended. Besides, once I see them live, my opinion will probably change. From what I've heard so far, though, I don't like it.

EDIT: And yeah, I used the bar. I'll be sure to use the search function from now on.
Gear:
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by asator
Still a decent enough band though. Does someone want to tell me how to pronounce the singer's name?

Like Sky-lur
Quote by MustangMan311
Danny, you should take a listen to It Hates You again. The vocal melodies are my favorite part of the album. So damn good.

Oh I've listened to ita fair bit, it's just not really my thing. Like, it's a good record, I just get sick of southern sounding stuff really quickly. Also I meant 2:50, not 1:50. The "Please tell me why" part.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Kyle<3
I like their southerny stuff, but apparently their sound has changed some on different albums?

I Am Hollywood is post-hardcore with a southern touch, Suck Out the Poison is southern metalcore, It Hates You is southern rock / rock.

Quote by asator
Oh I've listened to ita fair bit, it's just not really my thing. Like, it's a good record, I just get sick of southern sounding stuff really quickly. Also I meant 2:50, not 1:50. The "Please tell me why" part.

Gotcha. Good to know you at least listened to it, unlike the majority of people here who hear one song and turn it off.
What album should I get by Maynard if I wanted to get into them?
Gear:
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by celestialelixir

Depends... first of all, what did you listen to that you thought was trash and, second, how much southern do you like?
TOP 500 Contributors
Quote by millarso
Depends... first of all, what did you listen to that you thought was trash and, second, how much southern do you like?

The first two songs that come up on youtube when you put the band name into a search.

And... None, unless you count HiL. I'm pretty open to new things, I just remember the songs I listened to sounding like Lynyrd Skynyrd meets Bullet for my valentine
Gear:
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by celestialelixir
The first two songs that come up on youtube when you put the band name into a search.

And... None, unless you count HiL. I'm pretty open to new things, I just remember the songs I listened to sounding like Lynyrd Skynyrd meets Bullet for my valentine

Hmmm... I'm a little disappointed that you don't like Step Up. I love that song.
But... in that case... possibly try their album simply labeled "II". That John Jacobs song that you probably listened to is pretty mild compared to the rest of their self-titled album also.
TOP 500 Contributors
I Am Hollywood was one of the first real metalcore albums I got into. Great stuff.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by celestialelixir

II is there best album in my opinion. Go with the seftitled if you like stuff heavier than II
Anyone have a tab for "Party Time"? Power tab preferred, as I sorta wanted to look at the bass track. thanks in advance
Gear:
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
This band are ****ing sick! Just started listening to I am Hollywood.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
bahaha. I just came on here for the first time in months and this thread is up here. So stoked to be seeing HiL, wow.
Gear:
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Page 1 of 2