Hello. Im looking into getting a volume pedal for my effects chain. One of the main things im looking to use it for is guitar swelling, like post-rock and stuff. So i will be using it with effects.
I see there are two types though, passive and active and i was wondering what the differences were and which would be better for swelling.
My local shop has an old fender volume pedal thats supposed to be true bypass and passive so would that be any good? or is there another brand i should look for?
The passive is more versatile. But without knowing the specs of your FX loop it's hard to say if the passive would work as well as the active. The input impedance of the device following the volume pedal determines if an active will work best.