Hey! So, I bought my Jackson last winter, and now, I decided that I'd better start saving for upgrades now, seeing, as they probably won't come cheap. Except...I don't know what should I get next. Second guitar? Better amp? Upgrade current guitar? Anything else? Check my sig for my current gear. Also, just a bit of info - Right now, I'm not in a band, although, I DO plan to form/join a band in the foreseeable future. Thanks!
Gear :

Jackson JS32T King V
Vox VT40+
Stagg C542
Better amp.
Jackson SLS MG(EMG 81/85)
ENGL Sovereign 100 watt 1x12"
Boss gt-8
Vox AD50VT
Next: Custom Explorer
What kind of music do you play? If you are thinking of joining a band, then perhaps a better amp might be in the future. However, rolands are not bad amps, but in a band setting you might want something a little better. style of music would be a great help in answering your question!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Rock, Metal, a bit of classical, and just a pinch of blues.

EDIT : Also, if I should get a better amp, which would you suggest?
Gear :

Jackson JS32T King V
Vox VT40+
Stagg C542
Last edited by Maglun at Apr 5, 2011,
I would go for peavey 5150 or 6505, they are great metal machines that can handle some clean tones as well. they combos run about 700 or less depending on where you find them. I enjoy my marshall, i love the cleans and the distortion is good enough for my tastes, because after all you are trying to search for your own tone. I have also played a couple blackstar amps that are really nice quality great tube sounding amps, not too expensive either. I am a fan of tube amps so all my answers should reflect this. I have had solid state I just cannot stand the way they cound in comparison to a tube amp IMO.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
Asking GG&A "what gear should I upgrade?" has been scientifically proven to result in "your amp" 99.5% of the time.

What's your budget?
Quote by Helicopters!
Asking GG&A "what gear should I upgrade?" has been scientifically proven to result in "your amp" 99.8889% of the time.

What's your budget?

Fix'd.
normally the biggest difference is heard from the upgrading of amps, playing a bad guitar on a good ampy sounds good, playing a great guitar on a crappy amp sounds horrible, it is all science. just kidding, but seriously amp just seems like the next step.
Line 6 M13
At the moment, I'm just deciding on what should I start saving on, I don't have any money on me at this moment. I'd prefer the price range not to go over 600€, though.
Gear :

Jackson JS32T King V
Vox VT40+
Stagg C542
keep playing a save for the amp that you want (or gear) and then it will make it all worth it. not to mention you will improve your overall sound which will make you feel like a more accomplished musician, hopefully?
Line 6 M13
Alright, so the 6505 and 5150 by Peavey are the only suggestions so far, anything else?
Gear :

Jackson JS32T King V
Vox VT40+
Stagg C542
you might want to consider the Peavey Valveking. it will do the stuff you mentioned pretty well (unless you're talking the really heavy downtuned metal)
Quote by Helicopters!
Asking GG&A "what gear should I upgrade?" has been scientifically proven to result in "your amp" 99.5% of the time.

What's your budget?

And 99.5% of the time its "6505" if the word metal is anywhere in the same post.

I just repaired a Peavey Valveking. I thought It sounded nice.

And while an AC30 is not a metal amp, it does do Classic Rock and blues very well IMO.
They are a little out of your price range though, unless you can find them used.
my friend has a valveking and it really is a great amp, however, the cleans leave a little bit to be desired, but that might just take a little extra tweaking. it was not may amp so i did not mess with it too much. but it was very loud and did metal and rock really well.
Line 6 M13
The advantage of the 6505 is they are cheap and decent for hard rock or metal. I personally really really dislike this amp because I haven't got what I would consider a good metal tone and theu are massively better than spiders. Id.say get a used jcm 800 or dual rec tremoverb if you can afford it.
Quote by Helicopters!
Asking GG&A "what gear should I upgrade?" has been scientifically proven to result in "your amp" 99.8999% of the time. And then it's 99.999% a peavey 6505(+) when there is "metal" in it

What's your budget?

fixed better

sorry for the same text, @people who said this too XD
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Maglun
Alright, so the 6505 and 5150 by Peavey are the only suggestions so far, anything else?

How about a Blackstar HT 40
price is right and it sounds sweeeeeeeet
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3