'sup, broskis??

i have an essay due in about 4 hours, and i need to write about hofstede's cultural dimensions applied to a job i've had. problem is, i've never had a job. i was wondering if maybe some of you could tell me about how his values and how they fit into your jobs. i'm not asking you to do my paper for me; that, i'm quite good at. i just need to know WHAT to write about.

thanks.

Hofstede's Cultural Dimensions:
Individualism vs. Collectivism- degree to which cultures encourage either looking after one's self and immediate family, or people to belong to ingroups and look after other members in exchange for loyalty.

Power Distance- the degree to which cultures will encourage less powerful members of groups to accept that power is distributed unequally.

Uncertainty Avoidance- the degree to which people feel threatened by the unknown or ambiguous situations, and have developed beliefs, institutions, or rituals to avoid them.

Masculinity vs. Femeninity- one pole characterized by success, money, and things, and the other pole characterized by caring for others and quality of life.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Last edited by carlos_almighty at Apr 5, 2011,
A quick summary of what "hofstede's cultural dimensions" actually is would increase your chances of getting some good answers and reduce "what you really need is a new amp"-posts, since we're all too lazy too read through that wikipedia crap.
Last edited by G.Krizzel at Apr 5, 2011,
Quote by G.Krizzel
A quick summary of what "hofstede's cultural dimensions" actually is would increase your chances of getting some good answers and reduce "what you really need is a new amp"-posts, since we're all too lazy too read through that wikipedia crap.

/this
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Quote by captaincrunk
Apply it to being a student.

that actually sounds like a good idea. but still, i'll add what i'm talking about to the first post, then.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause