Page 1 of 2
There are many cases in pop culture where a slightly androgynous icon will exude this unexplainable sex appeal... it's not for everyone, of course, but I'm sure some of you can relate to what I am saying.

Examples:
David Bowie
Prince
Marilyn Manson
Alex from Clockwork Orange

The look was more about in the 70s and 80s with guys in eyeliner and tight leather pants and the like, something kind of effeminate but still sexual. I'm not necessarily saying that the people in focus are attractive or appealing to everyone, and I seriously doubt that they are, but for a sizable amount of people they at least exuded a sense of sex appeal.

Any of you have some kind of explanation or experience with this? What are your thoughts?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

People like that exhibit confidence to go against their gender roles, and confidence is probably the biggest thing that people are attracted to.
Check out my band Disturbed
All I got from that is that I should start wearing leather pants.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by vintage x metal
There are many cases in pop culture where a slightly androgynous icon will exude this unexplainable sex appeal... it's not for everyone, of course, but I'm sure some of you can relate to what I am saying.

Examples:
David Bowie
Prince
Marilyn Manson
Alex from Clockwork Orange

The look was more about in the 70s and 80s with guys in eyeliner and tight leather pants and the like, something kind of effeminate but still sexual. I'm not necessarily saying that the people in focus are attractive or appealing to everyone, and I seriously doubt that they are, but for a sizable amount of people they at least exuded a sense of sex appeal.

Any of you have some kind of explanation or experience with this? What are your thoughts?

I'm very sorry vintagexmetal but I don't understand what you are saying.
Question: Where do we put Freddie Mercury?

Manly as hell, got more tail than you'll ever see, and he didn't even want it(To quote the man himself, he was gay as a daffodil)
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
As Arthur Rimbaud once said, "Any hole is a goal."

Alice Glass from Crystal Castles has a quite androgynous appeal, I believe.

Quote by smb
Androgyny is something I find very attractive in girls and boys. Not really sure why.

Maybe because it's in the word?
Last edited by thewho65 at Apr 5, 2011,
Androgyny is something I find very attractive in girls and boys. Not really sure why.
its because teen girls always want to turn men into flamboyant bitches.

Look at the kinds of things teenage girls find attractive. They like guys who wear really tight pants, wear makeup, dress like a fag, shave their chests and pubs, etc. Wear ear rings etc.

The challenge for a man is to be himself and not fall prey to this nonsense in the pursuit of pussy.

This is why i respect artists like Stevie Ray Vaughn No matter what he stayed true to who he was.

Then you had people like Frank Zappa who really could give less of a **** what anyone thought was cool or not. He literally just did his own thing and the world could go **** itself.

Bottom-line, its a gay and stupid fashion trend, started by girls who find girly boys attractive and continued by desperate losers who will gladly dress like a bitch to get women.
I prefer androgynous girls. I can't stand the really girly girls and I'm not super manly myself. I like being in the middle with room to move around. My ex didn't fit the normal woman stereotype at all and she liked a lot of guy stuff but she also had very feminine moments. It's just easier to communicate and be around each other when you aren't on opposite sides of the spectrum.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by StewieSwan
People like that exhibit confidence to go against their gender roles, and confidence is probably the biggest thing that people are attracted to.

I disagree it has nothing to do with confidence. If you had true confident you wouldnt feel the need to have to prove it by doing something extreme.

I believe its the exact opposite. Its people with weak self esteem that follow fashion trends.
Quote by reggaebassman

Look at the kinds of things teenage girls find attractive. They like guys who wear really tight pants, wear makeup, dress like a fag, shave their chests and pubs, etc. Wear ear rings etc.

The challenge for a man is to be himself and not fall prey to this nonsense in the pursuit of pussy.

This is why i respect artists like Stevie Ray Vaughn No matter what he stayed true to who he was.

Then you had people like Frank Zappa who really could give less of a **** what anyone thought was cool or not. He literally just did his own thing and the world could go **** itself.

Bottom-line, its a gay and stupid fashion trend, started by girls who find girly boys attractive and continued by desperate losers who will gladly dress like a bitch to get women.

Your opinion makes sense yet is totally invalidated by your use of the words "fag" and "gay".

Pity.
Quote by reggaebassman

I don't think men are dressing girly to try to get girls tbh. I've been mistaken for a girl far too many times in real life but i usually wear a suit or just jeans and a t shirt -_- I've never thought i was very good looking regardless of that either.
Quote by smb

It depends on the case for me. I think it can make an attractive person a hell of a lot more attractive, but it does nothing for someone who I don't find naturally appealing really. For instance, I'm bi but I don't usually like the 'butch' type of girl... however put it on a naturally very pretty girl and I fall like bricks.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Twist of fate
Marylin Manson is not attractive to any human.

Would you argue with Dita Von Teese?

OT:
(Invalid img)

The amount of straight male friends I've had that fancied that dude...
Quote by reggaebassman
I disagree it has nothing to do with confidence. If you had true confident you wouldnt feel the need to have to prove it by doing something extreme.

I believe its the exact opposite. Its people with weak self esteem that follow fashion trends.

You've already demonstrated yourself to be an idiot, so I really don't care if you disagree with me.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by reggaebassman

You're a fucking cunt. And since that sentence alone would be flaming, I'll even explain why you're a fucking cunt.

1) How, exactly, does a fag dress? I mean, by conventional definitions, I'm a fag; I am faggy man who has super faggy sex with other faggy men. You seem to know more about the way fags dress than I do, though, since I haven't got a clue how to discern someone's sexual orientation from their clothing

2) Most people don't go through the effort of wearing make up, getting earrings, and regularly shaving their chest/pubes unless they want to. It has nothing to do with "falling prey to nonsense in the pursuit of pussy." Beyond that, is they're some kind of problem with getting laid? Because you seem to have a problem with that.

3) Flamboyant bitches? Really? So clothing is necessarily the physical embodiment of someone's demeanor. That makes so much sense; I can't believe I never realized that on my own, but I am glad you grant that wonderful bit of wisdom.

4) Stop fucking using gay as an insult. Are you twelve years old, or just so insecure in your own sexuality that you need to make someone else inferior to you. Fuck off.

/rant

OT: Androgyny is almost always hawt. :3

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I don't like it too much. There's a line where androgyny becomes 'camp'. Those who fall under the 'camp' category aren't particularly appealing and same with girls and being 'butch'. I feel as though I fall in the middle. I'm not extremely manly nor do I enjoy competition much but I exhibit no archetypal female traits. Those men you listed whilst being androgynous aren't 'camp' and whilst Alex may wear eye liner he is far from effeminate in my opinion. A bad example I think. Sex appeal ultimately comes down to confidence and a sense of arrogance, not in the sense of a 14 year old saying they know everything more in the Morissey (of The Smiths) sense, arrogant and very confident also quite androgynous but as a straight male I can say he oozes sex appeal and he isn't particularly good looking either.
i think the future genders will become more and more androgynous.
all the stuff about how men should look and how women should look is rubbish.
now extra flamey
No sir I do not like it. Physically I'm very adherent to the manly men and womanly women ideology. Andro women don't have any appeal to me, and andro men just tickle my 'you look weak, you must be weak, I can't respect that'- instinct.
Quote by vintage x metal
It depends on the case for me. I think it can make an attractive person a hell of a lot more attractive, but it does nothing for someone who I don't find naturally appealing really. For instance, I'm bi but I don't usually like the 'butch' type of girl... however put it on a naturally very pretty girl and I fall like bricks.
Well obviously an ugly girl is ugly however short her hair is etc but I do have a real weakness for girls with short hair in what I guess most people would see as guy's clothes. Similarly boys with floppy hair in tight jeans are often pretty cute, but it only makes those who are already hot hotter.
Clockwork Orange, that was a friken stupid and horrible movie, watched about 10 minutes of it and decided it was about the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life. Nothing but sex, rape, murder, and more sex and rape.

What was this thread about again, cause your OP made no sense whatsoever.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Nothing but sex, rape, murder, and more sex and rape.
What more could you want?
I think the future genders will become more and more androgynous.
Sorry, they already did that in ancient Greece. Dichotomy is what the future holds.
Bifag in the house, all up in them androgynes.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Everyone on TS's list is either fictional or ridiculously famous and wealthy. I can't spot any potential confounds.

Shit, next you'll tell me you find Boy George hot.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Clockwork Orange, that was a friken stupid and horrible movie, watched about 10 minutes of it and decided it was about the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life. Nothing but sex, rape, murder, and more sex and rape.

What was this thread about again, cause your OP made no sense whatsoever.

lulz. I love the Pit so much. It's like when I used to bowl with retarded people every week, always made my day.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by necrosis1193
Question: Where do we put Freddie Mercury?

http://armchairdiplomat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Freddie-Mercury-I-Was-Born-To-Lov-156285.jpg

Manly as hell, got more tail than you'll ever see, and he didn't even want it(To quote the man himself, he was gay as a daffodil)

when did we start assuming that girls obviously like flowery men?

what women do you know?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
when did we start assuming that girls obviously like flowery men?

what women do you know?

Most people are teenagers, in high school or whatever, and probably hang out/hung out with the "alternative" clique or whatever you kids are calling it these days at school or something. This will include all the emo/scene/(yet another) chicks who tend to be into transvestite guys with glow stick yelling into microphones.

At least, I think that's the situation that led to your post there.

Quote by TheBurningFish
Most people are teenagers, in high school or whatever, and probably hang out/hung out with the "alternative" clique or whatever you kids are calling it these days at school or something. This will include all the emo/scene/(yet another) chicks who tend to be into transvestite guys with glow stick yelling into microphones.

At least, I think that's the situation that led to your post there.

I understand the situation, it was more of a 'listen to what you are saying'-type ordeals. I think the situation is kind of a parallel though. Those 13-year-old boys are comfortable enough with their weirdness to grab it by the balls and stuff it into skinny jeans.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Das_Skittles
You're a fucking cunt. And since that sentence alone would be flaming, I'll even explain why you're a fucking cunt.

1) How, exactly, does a fag dress? I mean, by conventional definitions, I'm a fag; I am faggy man who has super faggy sex with other faggy men. You seem to know more about the way fags dress than I do, though, since I haven't got a clue how to discern someone's sexual orientation from their clothing

2) Most people don't go through the effort of wearing make up, getting earrings, and regularly shaving their chest/pubes unless they want to. It has nothing to do with "falling prey to nonsense in the pursuit of pussy." Beyond that, is they're some kind of problem with getting laid? Because you seem to have a problem with that.

3) Flamboyant bitches? Really? So clothing is necessarily the physical embodiment of someone's demeanor. That makes so much sense; I can't believe I never realized that on my own, but I am glad you grant that wonderful bit of wisdom.

4) Stop fucking using gay as an insult. Are you twelve years old, or just so insecure in your own sexuality that you need to make someone else inferior to you. Fuck off.

/rant

OT: Androgyny is almost always hawt. :3

You could have given a strong argument, but you practically raped it with the over-the-top use of curse words. And as if that wasn't bad enough, you wrecked your post even more with that smiley face (hate those things - IMO)
And dont get so upset if someone makes a statement that you strongly disagree with. It makes you look seem like a little brat in my eyes)
But I DO however agree with your idea
The smileys are telling you that im not trying to flame and that im just in a bad mood

EDIT: And why are there so few girls that like blues or jazz? How come that they are able to push the mtv shit down their throats, but don't even take a wiff of blues

EDIT 2:
Take real life as a demographic not UG. Afterall, it is a guitar site

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Apr 5, 2011,
Quote by Twist of fate
Marylin Manson is not attractive to any human.

Gothic lesbians maybe, all i can think of who would find that dude attractive.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
^ Most people who are into blues/jazz are also into guitar, and generally speaking more guys play guitar than girls do... it's just a correlational thing. I'm sure as time goes on more girls will play guitar.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
I'm sure as time goes on more girls will play guitar.

So there is HOPE!

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Apr 5, 2011,
Page 1 of 2