hey there
basically, i've been wanting a new cab for some time now as i currently have a peavey valveking cab with valveking speakers.
I've been looking at getting something with celestion v30's in for a while now but whenever i find a 4x12 for sale it's already been sold
i know mesa, orange, engl and blackstar do v30 cabs but i'm just wondering what other brands there are so i can broaden my search??
£500 budget
and i'm in the UK so dont suggest avatar cabs, i would have one already if i could haha

also if anybody could answer, what'd be the difference between getting a mesa/orange/blackstar/engl v30 cab?? would i get the same sound or what?

Cheers!

*edit, i'm playing through a peavey JSX too btw
Last edited by JakeLTD at Apr 5, 2011,
All cabs will have different tonal characteristics. Do you want a 2x12, or 4x12?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
will these 'tonal characteristics' have a dramatic effect on the overall sound or what? haha
and i'm looking at getting a 4x12 mate
if it helps too, i play in a metalcore band? idk what use that'd be haha
Quote by jesusismyr0ck

He said he can't get avatar cabs.

My vote would go towards a mesa cabinet.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Well you're in the UK, get Orange.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by jesusismyr0ck

try reading my thread, then posting haha
the mesa and orange are the main 2 i was looking at
what'd be the difference sound wise???
Couldn't tell you. I've only played the Mesa and it sounded HUGE. Either way, Orange makes very good cabs as well and you can definitely find an Orange in the UK for a way better deal than the Mesa.

EDIT: Also, instead of posting twice in a row (double posting), just edit your most recent post.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Yeah the harley benton is a good value. I forgot how expensive mesas are in the U.K. so that might not be your best option.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by blything09

Harley Benton makes decent budget cabs, but if you have the money you really should spring for an Orange or a Mesa.

As far as the differences between cabs, every little factor in the build can change the tonal characteristics. Everything from, the type of wood the cab is made of, where the dovetails are placed, the dimensions of the cab, the distance between the speakers and the back and sides of the cab, how the corners are attached to each other, etc.
Get a Zilla Cab and get either some V30 of Ebay or get some Veteran30s from WGS.

Otherwise, Framus and Hughes and Kettner come to my mind.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
yo guys
i just found an engl pro cab with v30's in it going for £450
shall i go for it???
Can you get Carvin cabs in your area? The Legacy cabs are pretty nice and not too expensive.