so i can do the motion in unison with both hands but when i arrive at the pull off at the end of the arpeggio i hammer and pull off and then continue ascending. Will this become a problem with my sweeps later?

and when i upstroke the note before and then pull off i cant seem to keep it consistent and i slow down.
Last edited by Zero_Fear777 at Apr 5, 2011,
Slow down until you can keep it consistent then.

Also you should ideally have the kind of control where you can choose which notes to pick and which not to pick.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
so now i think my problem is that i can't get my left hand to speed up. same speed for the past few hours
Quote by Zero_Fear777
so now i think my problem is that i can't get my left hand to speed up. same speed for the past few hours

It takes time to build the muscle memory in your fingers before you can go faster. Slow and accurate practice when doing your sweep patterns will benefit you the most. Gotta' learn how to walk before you can run so to speak, it just takes time. Slowly build your speed, and if you don't already practice with one, a metronome helps major amounts in the long run for building speed. Patience is a virtue, especially when it comes to sweeping.
dude man bro guy
To be honest I hardly ever pick the notes at the direction-change of arpeggios mainly because it's so much easier to hammer/pull-off and gives me a very smooth sound, and typically when I am sweeping it's because I want a fluid sound. *shrug*