How many of you guys were/are part of the drumline?

I was in it all four years of high school, finally becoming drum captain my senior year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpfaYWsxmj8
Last edited by TheReverend724 at Apr 5, 2011,
I've never marched on a drumline, but I'm in the marching band at my college and I'm in the marching percussion technique class under the drum instructors for the band, which is sick cause we have one of the top drumlines in the country and both of the instructors are Vic Firth sponsored... It's a little scary. I'm hoping to get good enough to march a lower level DCI Corps next summer.
all four years, bass #4. it was fun, really wouldve liked to play quads tho. they told me every year that i would the next year. nope.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
I wasn't in drumline, but I was a woodwind. Just came to say that the Machine show by the Cavaliers is awesome.

Edit: Link
Last edited by Meelad360 at Apr 7, 2011,
Tuba player by trade but I did winter drumline my junior year. 2nd bass. Fun as ****. Was also the drum major that year (as a goddamn junior!) cause I was alpha as ****.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Yup. Drumline all 4 years of high school, 2 on cymbals (pretty fun) an 2 as 1st bass drum/bass drum leader. I love it. Going to do drumline in college too.
Mildly epic bump.

Quote by OverUnderOnward
I've never marched on a drumline, but I'm in the marching band at my college and I'm in the marching percussion technique class under the drum instructors for the band, which is sick cause we have one of the top drumlines in the country and both of the instructors are Vic Firth sponsored... It's a little scary. I'm hoping to get good enough to march a lower level DCI Corps next summer.

Your profile says you're from Amherst, MA, which likely means you're going to UMass and are talking about Thom Hannum and Colin McNutt. I happen to be a senior in the drumline and will be the cymbal section leader. So I've probably seen you in real life before.

Are you definitely going to be in the drumline in the fall? And what's your take on Tim Anderson?
I had no part of it...didn't particularly like the guys who were, and didn't want to be associated with them. Although, looking back, I REALLY regret not joining.
Quote by Scourge441
Mildly epic bump.

Your profile says you're from Amherst, MA, which likely means you're going to UMass and are talking about Thom Hannum and Colin McNutt. I happen to be a senior in the drumline and will be the cymbal section leader. So I've probably seen you in real life before.

Are you definitely going to be in the drumline in the fall? And what's your take on Tim Anderson?

If the bump wasn't epic, the recognition was. I recognize you from the picture in your profile... I was the tuba who was playing on your pad whenever you weren't, if that rings any bells.

Nah, I'm marching tuba again next year. Might try out my junior year, maybe, if I keep practicing and get good enough to get on a bass drum, but you guys are scary good so the odds are slim. And my take on Anderson was summed up pretty well by whichever bass drummer sent out that email; I'm equally and maybe a bit less worried about him as I am about how we're portraying ourselves in our reception of him. I think regardless of whose leading we'll do some excellent stuff next season and that, as cliche as it sounds, we're gonna get out of it what we put into it. It may not be the decision I wanted to see made, but we gotta deal. I just really hope Thom doesn't decide he wants to be a band director, because the administration basically just told him that won't happen here, and I think it'll be a huge blow to lose him (my personal feelings aside, too: I really liked him and really liked that class). Your thoughts?
I LOVE MARCHING PERCUSSION. With that said, I was going to march pioneer, I was SO CLOSE to buying the ticket, but I slacked off too much in fall/spring so I'm now taking summer classes. Pioneer is still looking for a cymbal player :'(
I play sax in my high school band, but our director did a song that needed about 20 people in the pit/battery. I was chosen for bass #2

The reason we didn't have the drumline play it is because we have a line of about 4.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by OverUnderOnward
If the bump wasn't epic, the recognition was. I recognize you from the picture in your profile... I was the tuba who was playing on your pad whenever you weren't, if that rings any bells.

Nah, I'm marching tuba again next year. Might try out my junior year, maybe, if I keep practicing and get good enough to get on a bass drum, but you guys are scary good so the odds are slim. And my take on Anderson was summed up pretty well by whichever bass drummer sent out that email; I'm equally and maybe a bit less worried about him as I am about how we're portraying ourselves in our reception of him. I think regardless of whose leading we'll do some excellent stuff next season and that, as cliche as it sounds, we're gonna get out of it what we put into it. It may not be the decision I wanted to see made, but we gotta deal. I just really hope Thom doesn't decide he wants to be a band director, because the administration basically just told him that won't happen here, and I think it'll be a huge blow to lose him (my personal feelings aside, too: I really liked him and really liked that class). Your thoughts?

Thankfully, it appears Thom is staying according to the email he sent out today. I was hoping he'd send out an email telling people to cut the bullshit, and was glad to see him finally do it. He's a great teacher and we're better off with him than without him. That said, I'm hoping for Thom's sake that his role within the band is expanded, as I think his experience and leadership will be useful to the whole band, and limiting him to the percussion is a waste of resources.

(The pad thing rings a bell, although I can't remember you specifically off the top of my head. And I didn't know you played tuba.)
Was on cymbals, only senior year though. Fail school. Corps only came out when I was already at senior year!
Buh-Dum-Tss
Last edited by Kalye at May 21, 2011,
played on the number 1 drumline in canada for one year ... cymbals ftw
Quote by Kilty Boxers
So i suppose 2+2=4 is a stereotype as well?

Hooray For Canada.
Cadets just won the DCI finals. I have several friends who marched with them this year and I couldn't be happier for them.
We don't have anything like that in Ireland. Well, we do but it's usually in the IRA or something like that.

I've always been very interested in it, though.
Quote by Scourge441
Cadets just won the DCI finals. I have several friends who marched with them this year and I couldn't be happier for them.

Cadets tore it up. One of the tubas who marched Spartans wouldn't let me off til I youtubed it the other night... glad I did.
On a related note, see you in a couple days.