Anyone in North America ever been to a cool music festival? apparently in Europe they have a lot of great festivals, just curious if we have any event thats equivalent to the ones they have across the pond.
Last edited by nonotreals at Apr 5, 2011,
South By Southwest in Austin, TX is pretty cool, and getting cooler. Its not just a hipster fest anymore, this year they had a lot of cool metal acts, like Agalloch & Animals as Leaders. Summerfest in Milwaukee has its ups and downs, every year there is two or three bands throughout the week I actually care for. There is the New England Metal and Hardcore festival, never been though. Then you have like Bonaroo, Lolapalozza, Coachella, Pitchfork, etc. I'm sure there is a lot more I'm missing.
Hardly Strictly is FTW. I saw Trombone Shorty (one of the hottest funk players out of New Orleans), Hot Tuna (who's drummer totally shredded), and Conor Oberst, all from 20 feet away, and for free. Outside Lands always has a great lineup, as does Coachella. I hear Bonaroo is awesome. New Orleans Jazz fest usually looks killer. Treasure Island fest has the best indie bands every year. And yeah, those are mostly just in California.
There's South By Southwest, Ozzfest, Vans Warped Tour, Rockstar Mayhem Festival, Rock On The Range.........there's a ton of jazz festivals in New Orleans..........are these helping out at all?
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by kaptkegan
Hardly Strictly is FTW. I saw Trombone Shorty (one of the hottest funk players out of New Orleans), Hot Tuna (who's drummer totally shredded), and Conor Oberst, all from 20 feet away, and for free. Outside Lands always has a great lineup, as does Coachella. I hear Bonaroo is awesome. New Orleans Jazz fest usually looks killer. Treasure Island fest has the best indie bands every year. And yeah, those are mostly just in California.

I'm guessing you are also here in the bay area, we do have some good festivals, and crazy diverse bands, like MC Hammer, at a bluegrass festival? Good times!
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.