Hey all, first time poster.

I recently got my hands on an Epiphone Les Paul Nightfall. Killer upgrade from a 30 year old Peavey T-30. My current audio setup is a BOSS GT-3 going thru a 1970's component Sanyo stereo pushing 150 watt speakers. Sounds killer going thru the pedalboard, but I am in need of an amp for portability. Does anyone make a small amp that can emulate a 5150? The GT-3 has this and I feel the Nightfall sounds like a beast on the 5150 amp setting. As far as size of amp is concerned, I would say no bigger than 40 or 50 watts.

Thanks in advance!
Peavey T-30 Standard Electric
Sounds like a 30 watt Peavey Vypyr would be right up your street.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
budget??

if not that much then Bugera 6262/6260 2x12 or the Peavey 6505 1x12 are your best bet. if you've got around a grand tho then things open up alot in terms of really decent used market deals
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
What price range? Cash is king.

- Blackstar Venue Series HT Club 40 40W - $ 699
- Peavey 6505 112 60W 1x12" - $ 599
- 2nd hand Genz Benz El Diablo - $ ?
- Bogner Alchemist Series 112 40W - $ 899
- Peavey ValveKing 112 - $ 399
- Randall RT Series RT50C 50W 1x12 - $ 699

Etc.

Don't forget the OD pedal as a clean boost, tightens up the gain for that chunky metal riffing. Some amps are more flexible than others, if you want teh brootalz, these will probably fit your wallet.
Quote by Charlie4
What price range? Cash is king.

- Blackstar Venue Series HT Club 40 40W - $ 699
- Peavey 6505 112 60W 1x12" - $ 599
- 2nd hand Genz Benz El Diablo - $ ?
- Bogner Alchemist Series 112 40W - $ 899
- Peavey ValveKing 112 - $ 399
- Randall RT Series RT50C 50W 1x12 - $ 699

Etc.

Don't forget the OD pedal as a clean boost, tightens up the gain for that chunky metal riffing. Some amps are more flexible than others, if you want teh brootalz, these will probably fit your wallet.

NONE of them, save the 6505, sound anything like a 5150
Thanks for the replies. for now, it is a toss-up of a Line 6 Spider, Fender Mustang, or the P.Vypyr 30W Amps. They all seem decent enough.
Except that the first one is shite...can't comment onthe Mustang though, never used one
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Except that the first one is shite...can't comment onthe Mustang though, never used one

Never tried a Mustang either, but I've heard there better than the Vypyr for cleans/low gain.
High gain wise, the general thing people say is that the Vypyr is the ebst modelling amp in that price range.

TS, get a Vypyr Tube 60. Or if you want extra headroom and bragging rights, tube 120.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
get a Vypyr Tube 60. Or if you want extra headroom and bragging rights, tube 120.

I wish! My guitar funds went to buy my Nightfall. I am not wanting to spend a huge amount for an amp. I think $200.00 is max for now. Besides, I need to sound more pro than I do now before I upgrade to more expensive amp.

EDIT: What is the difference between High Gain vs. Low Gain?
Last edited by iwannarockism at Apr 6, 2011,
peavey cypyr is your winner, and next time post in the gear forum please
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED