Hey guys,

Im confused the two amps above.

Im just a bedroom guitarist who was pretty certain that i wanted the screamer amp, but i was on ENGL's website and realised i could get a 15w ENGL amp.

which one should i go for. Because i dont gig, but i do like screamer because ive heard its good for low volume high gain.

but the 15w seems to be better in the volume wise.

arghhh so confused

sorry for bad spelling i was typing in a rush
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Last edited by ibrahimasood at Apr 5, 2011,
Screamer.

No contest.

You wont notice a difference in volume either.

15 tube watts isnt bedroom friendly like a SS amp is at 15.

Dont compromise on quality for a lower wattage, go for the Screamer and be happy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
+1

also i don't think the gigmaster is all-tube- i haven't tried it, but it might sound nothing like the other engls.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had a GigMaster for almost 2 months and returned it to the shop and got Jet Ciyt JC22H instead.
No regrets

GigMaster has a lot of nice features (attenuator is great for playing home), but I couldn't get it to sound right. There was something "wrong" in the sound (gain structure, reaction).

And I like Engls, I have Sovereign combo.

Between Screamer and GM I would take Screamer without a second thought.

But there will be hopefully interesting option in a short future:
H&K TubeMeister 18 (as a head and combo).

And there is already a preview of the proto at YT made by Session Music from Frankfurt.

Anyway I'll be checking this heasd tomorrow at Musikmesse