Hey everyone,

As the title says, i just as of February decided to start off getting guitar pedals, at the moment i have a grand total of.....two. A boss DS-1 and a Boss TU-2 tuner, (distortion pedal was given to me).

Anyway, as it's my first Wah and i'm somewhat inexperienced (and poor), i'd like to get the best pedal i can for the smallest price i can.

I've ruled out the original crybaby as a rather large friend owned one and broke it within a week.

I've been looking at the Ibanez WH-10, but i'm not going to lie it's purely on the basis that my two favourite guitarist use it (Frusciante and Omar rodriguez). It's got okay-ish reviews.

Anyway i'll be quiet and hopefully you guys can help me. Thank you.

(a side question here, at what point would/did you guys get a pedal board?)
There's riddles in the shadows
They're thrown the way that i'd expect
And people never seem to know
What they least suspect is coming next
I'd only worry about a pedalboard when you get at least 4 or 5 pedals plus power supply cabling, because it's a real pain to lug all that stuff around and disconnect/reconnect it if you have jam sessions or gigs.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The WH-10v2 is a good wah, and if your two favourite guitarist are using it I wouldn't look much further. What's your max. budget?

I started getting a (good and extended) pedalboard after I got my first decent amp.
I have a Daphon wah. If I remember rightly it was quite cheap and it is really awesome! It's durable and the batteries last a hell of a long time on it.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
I'm looking at the suggestions guys

The max budget is £100 give or take. It's literally all i have to my name
i have an ibanez wh-10(i also like a lot frusciante and omar rodriguez) and i love the pedal, IMO the best wah out there, it has a really distintic sound, the only con of the pedal is that it isnt tru bypass, but you can mod that really cheaply
Your friend must have been pretty aggressive with his crybaby. I've had mine for 2 years, and it's been through a lot, but nothing has happened to it yet. Not even a scratch. I recommend a Crybaby
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I've had a original Cry baby for 16 years and it's been through hell and back.any way look on ebay.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
@Crohno: To be honest it's so far the strongest contender, i'm not fussed about it not being true bypass as it's on the cheaper side of pedals so it's fair enough for the price i'd be paying.

@Koshman: He is 6 foot 4 and is about 3 people wide . The pedal never stood a chance.

@Brandon: Weirdly enough i'm 90% sure i tried that today in the guitar shop, though it was alot more expensive.
Quote by M_G
He is 6 foot 4 and is about 3 people wide . The pedal never stood a chance.

I'm a big guy too (not 3 people wide big) and haven't had a problem. Maybe next time he shouldn't stand with all his weight on it. I don't know about anyone else, but when I use my wah, my weights on my other foot so the foot on the weigh swivels easier.

Quote by roaddawg07
I've had a original Cry baby for 16 years and it's been through hell and back.any way look on ebay.

And there's always the Zakk Wylde (ZW-45) which is made out of metal. Things a tank. I used to have one.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Apr 5, 2011,
How come you sold it? Was the original Wah a better choice?
Quote by M_G
How come you sold it? Was the original Wah a better choice?

Sold it because I was selling most of my pedals (to afford my amp), and at the time, I wasn't using much wah in my playing. The original crybaby suites my playing styles, but I would have probably picked up another ZW-45 if they had any in stock at the time.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Okay thank you

The only issue with the Ibanez WH-10 is apparently it has a huge volume spike when you turn on the Wah, some people are saying it's not that bad whilst others say it's a pretty big deal.

Tbh i think i'm going have to try these out before i buy, relying on youtube demo's probably isn't the best idea.

Though i would appreciate any more suggestions from you lot (if there are any).
Quote by M_G
Tbh i think i'm going have to try these out before i buy, relying on youtube demo's probably isn't the best idea.

Good plan. Always try before you buy. Or buy from a place that has a good return policy
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings