So i have the day off uni today! Yay! And i got a box full of pedals in to modify!

4 GCB-95's, a whammy 4 and a NYC Big Muff.

So i figure i'll take anyone who cares along for a tour.

Here's where i was 10 mins ago- starting with the wah's, disassembled and cleaned!

I'm painting now so i'll update soon!
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
so here we have the muff

this one is set to be the most fun of the bunch, got some huge plans for her
mojostompboxes.com
Share your plans... NAO!
I got a Big Muff and kinda want to mod it. I was thinking of doing the Tone Wicker mod. I originally wanted the Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, but I had to settle with a regular.

Good luck on your mods!
..I was watching my death.
sooo heres the last little wah thing you will see until im finished!

don't wanna ruin everything! they are liiking pretty good now, just drying.
doing some mods to the wah pcbs now, then i'll get back to actual modding of the muff.
mojostompboxes.com
Looks awesome man! Just a question, how do you take off the rivet (or what ever the pivoting pole is) to dissasemble the wah? (and how to put it back on obviously haha)
putting it back on could be hard.. to take it off i used a screw driver and a hammer and just bumped them out not too hard.
mojostompboxes.com
so i didn't get everything i wanted done on my day off, however i finish uni today at midday, so i'll have the entire arvo to get back to work.

the muff is being a pain and not doing everything i wanted it to do.

the wah's are painted and ready to put back together.

haven't started on the whammy but it doesn't take long at all.

all the parts are here.

stay tuned!
mojostompboxes.com
There should be a rule against posting pictures of mods you have done and not saying what you did. Serious...

Can you please share what you did to the Muff?
I want to mod mine so it has more flexibility. I'll probably put Germanium's in it.

What are you going to do with the Whammy?
It's all digital, so I don't really see how you are going to mod it other that the outputs/inputs.

EDIT:
Gut-shots would be appreciated of the Muff and Wah.
..I was watching my death.
can't do gut shots but i'll share what i've done to the muff. i'll explain the wah's when i finish them.

the new jacks are an external feedback loop. put a modulation pedal (or 3) in it and you get sounds like this-
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14208480/madness%21.wma

the top toggle turns it on/off with the white LED for indication.

the other toggle is switchable diodes from the originals to LED's. gives a nice overdrive/fuzz switch, cool sounding pedal.

oh, the whammy. i've modded a few for practicality rather than tone. i'll start work now.
mojostompboxes.com
Last edited by greeny23 at Apr 7, 2011,
renaissance man
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Did you mod all the wahs different for each color or did you just paint them different for fun?

What do the red and black buttons on the whammy do?
Obviously Fassa.
What mods did you do to the wah pedals? You have like.. 4 of them there.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
What mods did you do to the wah pedals? You have like.. 4 of them there.

Quote by Rock In Rio
Did you mod all the wahs different for each color or did you just paint them different for fun?

What do the red and black buttons on the whammy do?

This one is an 80's model, true bypass with led and thats all.

This one has true bypass, LED and a wider vocal range and a slightly thicker tone (think JH-1 kinda thing), along with a volume pedal boost switch. It also has a hotpotz.

This one has q-control and true bypass w/ LED, along with more bass range.

This one also has a volume switch, true bypass and LED. along with a few other things.

mojostompboxes.com
This whammy has true bypass and LED. the buffered bypass is the red button, and preset switching counter-clockwise is done using the black switch. this is shown through the other LED and is turned off by the top toggle.

And we all know about the muff already

mojostompboxes.com
Hi everyone, dont know how to start a new thread on here and need some technical advice in completing the vocal mod on crybaby.
This will be my first mod so maybe you guys can help?

I intend on replacing the 33K resistor with a tripot, and have three questions about the setup.

1) the tripot is acting as a variable resistor and the centre leg has to be joined to either of the two outside legs.....which one do you join to?

2)I intended on wiring a 33k resistor in series with a 50k trim pot (this give you a variable resistance of 33k-83k? Is this right and a good option?

3) If im wiring resistor in series as discussed........what side of the pcb does the resistor go in front of the tripot?

hope you can help!
Quote by reubz
Hi everyone, dont know how to start a new thread on here and need some technical advice in completing the vocal mod on crybaby.
This will be my first mod so maybe you guys can help?

I intend on replacing the 33K resistor with a tripot, and have three questions about the setup.

1) the tripot is acting as a variable resistor and the centre leg has to be joined to either of the two outside legs.....which one do you join to?

2)I intended on wiring a 33k resistor in series with a 50k trim pot (this give you a variable resistance of 33k-83k? Is this right and a good option?

3) If im wiring resistor in series as discussed........what side of the pcb does the resistor go in front of the tripot?

hope you can help!

1)take your pic, either works.

2)pretty much

3)once again, doesn't really matter.
mojostompboxes.com