I know this should probably go in the computer thread or something but I'm at the point of desperation. Recently, I got a virus that disguises itself as vista security thing as the title suggests. I ran my antivirus, antispyware, etc. to no avail. I googled how to fix this and nothing is working. Can anyone help me please?

EDIT: Got it fixed. Thanks to all of you who helped.
Last edited by gsd65 at Apr 5, 2011,
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Maleware bytes is usualy the program of choice

*edit*

is this the one where any program you open, triggers a window to pop up? if so, there's a registry fix online somewhere you have perform first
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Last edited by pigeonmafia at Apr 5, 2011,
Rkill
SUPERanti-spyware
Malwarebytes

really, just google it, don't just say you already did.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by :Vicious--
Rkill
SUPERanti-spyware
Malwarebytes

really, just google it, don't just say you already did.

I did google it and ran those programs and it didn't work. Believe me, the last place I want to inquire help from is the pit but I don't know what else to do at this point. Jerk.
You don't need a computer anyway man, what you really need is a new amp.
I had that same virus, what I did was first start my laptop in safe mode, ran malwarebytes as administrator, doing a full system scan and deleting any infected files at the end of it. The idea is to not go onto the internet or apparently run any antivirus scan normally as it activates the virus and could lead to complications (case in point my laptop crashed twice when the thing decided to fight off its inevitable death).

If you're still not picking up anything then your best bet is to find out how to manually remove it.
Quote by rebofthetemple
I had that same virus, what I did was first start my laptop in safe mode, ran malwarebytes as administrator, doing a full system scan and deleting any infected files at the end of it. The idea is to not go onto the internet or apparently run any antivirus scan normally as it activates the virus and could lead to complications (case in point my laptop crashed twice when the thing decided to fight off its inevitable death).

If you're still not picking up anything then your best bet is to find out how to manually remove it.

ALL of this

And might be obvious, but have you tried system restore yet? Or did you disable it thinking you'd never need it? I learnt that the hard way.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by rebofthetemple

I'm going to try that. Thanks for the help. Hope it works haha.
Quote by CheezMeUp

this ^

and buy a mac, idiot.

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Quote by rebofthetemple

This.

If worst comes to the worst, try a system restore
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I removed this virus from multiple computers.

-download malwarebytes but save it and rename it as something else instead. instead of
naming it malwarebytes, name it sticksauserules or something.

-ctrl+alt+delete --> task manager --> processes. end the virus process. forgot what it is called but it was along the lines of (random letters/characters).exe

-run malwarebytes (should be named something else) and check for updates.

-scan whole computer (should take a long while).

-malwarebytes should have picked up something. delete it!

-now you can once again enjoy your computer. just stay away from most sites your mother wouldn't like you visiting.
Last edited by sticksause at Apr 5, 2011,
Odd, I just picked up that virus not too long ago. Except it disguised itself as windows 7 security thing.
Quote by sticksause
I removed this virus from multiple computers.

-download malwarebytes but save it and rename it as something else instead. instead of
naming it malwarebytes, name it sticksauserules or something.

-ctrl+alt+delete --> task manager --> processes. end the virus process. forgot what it is called but it was along the lines of (random letters/characters).exe

-run malwarebytes (should be named something else) and check for updates.

-scan whole computer (should take a long while).

-malwarebytes should have picked up something. delete it!

-now you can once again enjoy your computer. just stay away from most sites your mother wouldn't like you visiting.

Can you possibly find out which one to remove from the task manager? I have tons of .exe's so I started to end all of them and it just shut off my PC.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch