Here we go. Read the rules and let's have a fair fight. No punching below the belt and obey my commands at all times.

Let's get it on!

DA RULES!

1. Categories for Competition:

There will be the following categories you may enter your band or *solo project* in (*as long as it follows the guidelines for solo projects*) :

Metal - Which will include all forms of Metal and it's derivatives (Metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, Progressive/Experimental Metal, Melodic Death, Metalcore, Hardcore, Nu-Metal, ect.)

Rock - Which will include Rock and all it's derivatives (Rock N Roll, Hard Rock, Rock, Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Southern Rock, Punk, Ska, Folk Rock, Alternative Rock, ect)

Blues, Soul & Motown

Jazz

Acoustic

Electronic

You MAY have projects in multiple categories. However, YOU MAY NOT enter the same project in MORE THAN ONE category. So, if you enter projects in two different categories, you will enter TWO DIFFERENT BANDS.

2. Scoring and Voting:
Pool Voting will begin around a week after the Submissions Thread closes. The plan is (with approval from the Mod's) we will have a separate Pool Voting Thread for each individual category.

You MAY NOT vote for your own band/project.

We will be using a Descending 3-2-1 Point Scale for Pool Voting Threads. If you're not familiar with such a system, here's an example of how you will post your vote in the threads:

Band A - 3pts
Band B - 2pts
Band C - 1pt

Or, you can just post:

Band A
Band B
Band C

...and it will be assumed that the band listed on top will receive your 3-Point vote, and so on.

You MAY post discussion, reasons for your votes, critiques, etc. under your votes, but please use the above format when submitting your vote, as so all the votes can be easily found when we are counting.

YOU MUST vote for three bands. Posts submitting votes for just one or two bands WILL NOT BE COUNTED!

The top FOUR bands in each Category will then move on the their respective "Finals"

(In the result of a tie, we will have a Head-to-Head Thread for the voting. Voting will last for exactly ONE DAY.)

FINALS VOTING!!!

In the Finals Threads, you will vote for TWO BANDS. Same format as before, EXCEPT you will give 3 Points to your top vote, and 1 Point to your second.

Ex.:
Band A - 3pts
Band B - 1 pt.

Voting Will last two weeks in each round for each category.

3. Rules for Entering your Bands and Projects

Obviously, you must be in the project(s) you submit.

As stated before, you may only enter a project in one category. You may enter into as many categories as you'd like as long as you're submitting different bands in each.

You will submit:
- Category you're entering in
- Band Name
- 1-2 links for your entry**
- 3 to 5 songs for a Suggested Listening

(** STREAMING MUSIC ONLY! No "download to listen" allowed! Suggested streaming sites are, but not limited to: Facebook, Bandcamp, Myspace, Soundcloud, ReverbNation, UG Profiles, etc. If you're unsure if a link and/or site will work for the competition, PM me.)

Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Entrants List

(Note: I will be checking the thread multiple times daily on most days. I'll make a post that I've "checked" the thread and all submissions that were properly posted will be added. I will not add anyone who simple posts "count me in". Please read the rules and submit properly. If you have any concerns or questions, please PM or reply in this thread.)

All listings are in the following format:

Band Name Entered - (UG'er Submitting)

Metal
What's Left of Her - (alexgepgepgep)
Andy Shattuck - (FireReaction)
Forever Ends Now - (LU!5)

Rock
Great Neck - (PlayMadness)
4 Point 0 - (me_llamo_juan)
Righteous and the Wicked - (soulflyV)
Fear to Fail - (DanBLON00)
Green Mile - (Archer18)
The Bananarchists - (DempseyPunk)

Electronic
Daydream Anatomy - (stratkat)
Giant Theory - (mental_zer0)
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at Apr 6, 2011,
Definitely doing this. More people should do this.

Also, when you say "Suggested Listening", I assume you mean more songs done by the submitter? Or am I confused?
I submit my band, Great Neck to the Rock category

Listen to:

Palinopsia
Night Rider
Burnt by the Sun
A.W.O.L.
River No.5

EDIT: Changed one song, and uploaded higher quality recordings to my UG Profile.

Also, anyone know how to change the bitrate of a song? I have one more I want to upload, but it's not a multiple of 11 so UG won't accept it.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Last edited by PlayMadness at Apr 5, 2011,
definitely interested. Sign me up, Band name will probably be Bags of Flammable Gas, unless Grindcore isn't in the list of acceptable metal genres, then I'll make a death metal project named Devarim.
Quote by mental_zer0
Definitely doing this. More people should do this.

Also, when you say "Suggested Listening", I assume you mean more songs done by the submitter? Or am I confused?

Songs done by your band/project that you want people to listen to when making their choices on who to vote for. They can listen to more, but some suggested listening makes it easier.

definitely interested. Sign me up, Band name will probably be Bags of Flammable Gas, unless Grindcore isn't in the list of acceptable metal genres, then I'll make a death metal project named Devarim.

Of course grindcore is cool. It's in the metal category for voting.

Just because a specific sub-genre isn't listed in the brief summary of it, doesn't mean it's not allowed.

Please submit the required links and song suggestions when you formally enter.

Quote by Zeppelin71
Last edited by sjones at Apr 5, 2011,
Quote by blake1221
Count me in. I guess rock category.

Are you entering yourself as a solo project? If so, are you going to use your name, or your UG screenname? I also will need a link to some streaming songs since I see there's none in your profile.

Also, just a reminder, please pay attention to the rules for solo projects if you're taking that route

can we have live videos of songs? also if we enter under rock can one of the songs be an acoustic song if its not a version of another song we entered?

Live videos are fine by me. Will you be linking to just one video or multiple videos? I ask because if you're linking to multiple videos, I'd appreciate if you could have them all on one Youtube channel or some other profile with all of them available on.

Sure, one of the songs an be acoustic. As long as you're not trying to enter the same band in two different categories, you're perfectly fine.

The rock category is wayyyyy too broad

All the categories are broad. For this initial run of the Pit BOTB (yes, hopefully we'll be doing more if this goes well!) we decided it was best to keep the categories broad, lest we'd be making 15 different categories and things would have been a total cluster**** for our maiden voyage of the competition.

When we do our next Pit BOTB, I'd love to hear what your thoughts on the categories are. However, the rules are set for this competition. We'll see how this goes, and then when we do our next competition we'll make any necessary improvements to the formula.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by sjones
Live videos are fine by me. Will you be linking to just one video or multiple videos? I ask because if you're linking to multiple videos, I'd appreciate if you could have them all on one Youtube channel or some other profile with all of them available on.

Sure, one of the songs an be acoustic. As long as you're not trying to enter the same band in two different categories, you're perfectly fine.

it'll just be one song if any. just making sure that was an option.

but i guess i'll be entering
genre:rock
band name: yesterday vs tomorrow
link: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/YesterdayVs.Tomorrow?sk=app_178091127385 (if you want a clickable one, its in my sig)
listen: the two there, one more will be coming by the deadline
Thread Checked.

I'm at work right now so I don't have time to add the bands who have submitted their entries at the moment. However, everyone who has properly submitted their information will be added either before I leave work or tomorrow when I log on to UG.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Rock
Green Mile
http://greenmileofficial.webs.com/music.htm (That's only site with our music on.)
Suggested Songs - Mexico, After Hours, Dancing In The Moonlight
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Rock
Subgenre - Punk

The Bananarchists

A Warning to Del Taco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJ32VaCAko

Big Bag of Pee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gct1xNYPOw&feature=related

Recommended songs
Big Bag of Pee
A Warning To Del Taco
DMV
The Story Of The Fish I Once Road
Casual Friday

Edit: Most songs can be found here
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/thebananarchists
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Last edited by DempseyPunk at Apr 6, 2011,
Thread Checked. Getting a cup of coffee, smoking a cig, and adding everyone to the list.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Allright, My band's called Red Fungus. I'd like to submit us to the Rock Battle of the Bands.
I don't really know what subgenre it is... So let's just call it Rock.

Band Page:
Red Fungus

There are 5 songs on that page:
Psycho: Live Track
Chocolate Flavoured Cocaine: Live Track
Little Soldier: Live Track
6: Studio Recording
Generation GFY: Studio Recording

The Live tracks have some mistakes, but we only have 2 decent recordings, so I have to add live tracks... All in all, the quality is pretty good because these live tracks were broadcasted on radio.
*Thread Checked*

I'll be adding the bands who have submitted since the last check tomorrow. I've been incredibly busy at work and am getting ready for a gig tonight as I type, so I'm pressed for time.

Keep the entries coming guys! Looking forward to a great competition!
Quote by Zeppelin71
Will be adding the rest of the entrants who haven't been added to the entry list tonight at work.

Quote by Zeppelin71
^ Well, I hope not. I was looking forward to getting this rolling.

I'm thinking now about pushing the entry date back.

Also maybe I should bump the thread more, as I think part of the problem is that it's been buried in the forum.

Just got a new position at work too, so I've been really busy. Working almost exclusively overnights.
Quote by Zeppelin71
I'm gonna keep bumping this until more people notice this

Seems to me that nobody cares about music projects on UG anymore. The original UG albums had tons of submissions.
Checked the thread. Will update tonight at work.
Quote by Zeppelin71