Hello, I recently bought a Peavey 6505+ 112, and as you all probably know, the cleans are nothing too special.

So I've been thinking about adding some sort of modulation pedal to pretty much run full time when I'm on that channel - chorus, maybe flange, phaser???

It's important to note that whatever I finally decide on, it will be tuned for a very subtle effect - just to enrich the clean sound, not so much for the "effect" - I hope that makes sense.

I've had choruses and flangers in the past, but I'm just not sure what I want, lol. I've even thought that maybe a good reverb pedal might do just the trick. Please discuss...
Definitely chorus IMO. Maybe a little delay or reverb as well. Maybe a compressor also depending on your style? You could also go for some kind of pitch shifter or octaver to thicken things up. It all depends.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Quote by rawkandrowl
Definitely chorus IMO. Maybe a little delay or reverb as well. Maybe a compressor also depending on your style? You could also go for some kind of pitch shifter or octaver to thicken things up. It all depends.

+1 for the chorus and delay/reverb. I always have delay or reverb running with my clean channel.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by KailM
Hello, I recently bought a Peavey 6505+ 112, and as you all probably know, the cleans are nothing too special.

So I've been thinking about adding some sort of modulation pedal to pretty much run full time when I'm on that channel - chorus, maybe flange, phaser???

It's important to note that whatever I finally decide on, it will be tuned for a very subtle effect - just to enrich the clean sound, not so much for the "effect" - I hope that makes sense.

I've had choruses and flangers in the past, but I'm just not sure what I want, lol. I've even thought that maybe a good reverb pedal might do just the trick. Please discuss...

Turn your pre and post all the way down and strum your guitar while turning up your post until you start to hear it. Then turn up your pre while strumming until it "opens up" (best way to describe it). Then put the post to taste (higher = better clean).

Cleans are fine. Roll back your volume on your guitar if they're not clean enough for you. Use the on amp reverb for a subtle niceness.

Chorus and delay help. From what I can tell you want a chorus pedal.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7421 (MIJ) Dimarzio SD-7/AN-7
ESP LTD EC407 (stock)
Ibanez S320 (Tone Zone/PAF Pro)
ESP LTD EC1000 (stock)
Seagull C-6 Concert Acoustic
Godin MultiAc Nylon Encore

Amps:
Peavey 6505
Peavey 6505+
Marshall DSL100
Mesa Boogie Tremoverb