Basically, I recorded something on my iPod, and wanted to send it to somebody. However, downloading is blocked on their computer by their parents. I would just upload it on UG and show them, or put it on a youtube video, but it's in .m4a, which basically nothing other than iTunes uses. Is there any way I could convert this, or make it accessible without being downloaded?
iTunes can do it. Not sure how it is on windows, on mac you have to go 'Preferences' > General settings > Import settings.

After changing it, select the songs you want to convert, then either right click or in 'Advanced' menu, Convert to MP3 (or whatever you change it to).
^I would have put that, too, but I haven't used iTunes for video converting in a while and wasn't sure if they still have that feature.

I use this:

http://download.cnet.com/Any-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-10661456.html

Any Video Converter. It probably works on m4a, but if it's one of those protected m4a videos like when you buy it from the iTunes online store, that might be more difficult.
Quote by The Madcap
^I would have put that, too, but I haven't used iTunes for video converting in a while and wasn't sure if they still have that feature

They used to always change the ****ing place they decided to put it.

So it might depend on what version of itunes you use. >.>

EDIT: Although I don't think that's completely true, I think they just moved it from CD settings to general.

vv D'awwww.
Last edited by Miniskirt at Apr 5, 2011,
Quote by Miniskirt
iTunes can do it. Not sure how it is on windows, on mac you have to go 'Preferences' > General settings > Import settings.

After changing it, select the songs you want to convert, then either right click or in 'Advanced' menu, Convert to MP3 (or whatever you change it to).
It worked; to show my thanks, I present to you a baby panda battling a stair!

Edit: Where does the MP3 version go after you convert? I can't find it.
Last edited by herby190 at Apr 5, 2011,
with a professional video audio converter, it is easy to convert m4a to different formats.
......Why was this thread resurrected?
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by Dirge Humani
Can't iPods upload straight to youtube anyway?

Oh, I feel like a jackass now.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by herby190
Basically, I recorded something on my iPod, and wanted to send it to somebody. However, downloading is blocked on their computer by their parents. I would just upload it on UG and show them, or put it on a youtube video, but it's in .m4a, which basically nothing other than iTunes uses. Is there any way I could convert this, or make it accessible without being downloaded?

that's the most retarded thing i've ever heard

are they amish?
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!