I have been trying to learn how this song is played all day and I just cant seem to get it. Its brad doggetts version of wonderwall, and I would absolutely love to be able play it. If someone more who is more advanced at guitar and has a better ear than me could please help me decipher what he is playing, that would be awesome. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Dy...feature=related
I've got two good ears.

I came into this thread just to say that

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I feel like he wants to be Jason Mraz, not a bad thing, just an observation. But yea just look at his hand..its right there.
does it sound like its in a different tuning? cause I just cant seem to get it, maybe I just suck...
he's arpeggiating (as far as I can figure without watching him)

E G B E - G G B G - B G B D - C G B D
7 0 0 5 - 10 0 0 8 - 2 0 0 3 - 3 0 0 3

I'm using a different fingering than him. all my
first notes are on the A string, the G and B are open and the last note is hammered onto the b string.

then the chord are just barred:

Am7 - Bm7 - Em7

on the Em7 he's doing a really typical funk move(which is now popular in white boy acoustic crap) of playing a straight barre on the 7th fret then hammering on the 5th and 3rd

so this

x
x

and hammer it like this

x
x
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Apr 5, 2011,
this is all from listening to it on my iPhone. I may have screwed up the verse arpeggios because the speakers are quiet. an admittedly I stopped listening when the chorus started because I figured there probably weren't any other parts to it.
#DTWD
no problem. if it gets you laid just make sure she calls you Dave.
#DTWD
ah yeah I guess my guitar is down half a step. but I'd imagine his is too. the fingering is far more convenient tuned to Eb. mah bad.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
ah yeah I guess my guitar is down half a step. but I'd imagine his is too. the fingering is far more convenient tuned to Eb. mah bad.

He's playing starting in sixth position with barres.

What a sucka.
Quote by Miniskirt
Why is it a half step lower for me? I'm in standard. It goes Eb > Gb

EDIT: Although, I like your open string version better.

ah I couldn't really tell the video quality is pretty shite on this screen. I guess y'all can rearrange it accordingly. as a bass player I'm always looking for the laziest route possible.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
ah I couldn't really tell the video quality is pretty shite on this screen. I guess y'all can rearrange it accordingly. as a bass player I'm always looking for the laziest route possible.

iPods. And my screen is cracked.

Sorry for editing my post a bunch, wasn't sure if you'd see my reply. >.>
In need of someone with a good ear

What you need is a new amp.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.