ive always wondered...how much would a professionals...say one of the guys from metallica..how much would their guitars cost?
Over 9000 Dollars!!!!
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
They would get them for free. Though Jason paid ful price for every single one of his basses.

Though smaller bands would probably have to pay full price or might get them at trade value.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
They would get them for free. Though Jason paid ful price for every single one of his basses.

Though smaller bands would probably have to pay full price or might get them at trade value.

i think he means how much are they worth, not how much of the price the band has to pay. and the first post is probably right, over 9000! probably at least $3500-4000, up to probably... a lot.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Oh well in that case.

Easily $8k plus, they are hand built custom order ESPs.

Other people? Several thousand minimum.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah, couple thousand. May not be worth it, especially with Gibsons. I've never owned a $10,000+ guitar, so I can't say much. But I'm positive that Jimmy Page's approval of a guitar isn't going to make it $10,000 worthy. The most affordable and highest quality signature that I've owned is the Brian May Red Special. Worth every penny.
Quote by theogonia777
i think he means how much are they worth, not how much of the price the band has to pay. and the first post is probably right, over 9000! probably at least $3500-4000, up to probably... a lot.

oh their worth?

probably a shitload

over 4000 at least
they are cutom build guitars
If you take inflation into account, Jimmy Pages guitar back in the 60s was still astronomically expensive.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
ya james hetfeilds truckster is a solid 10 g's....but its more because its a signature, not because its some amazing instrument hat makes you play better.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
£50 from a pawn shop. As long as it stays in tune and you can play some chords on it.

The key is writing the good songs, playing the good gigs, selling the big albums. By the time you "need" a custom built job you won't need to worry bout the price.

Better guitars will give you better sounds, but let's face it, 99% of the people paying for your guitar (the music buying public) won't really care what guitar it is. Most will recognise the names Fender and Stratocaster.

Yeah, anything between a grand and forty grand - depending if who they are, what they like, how they view guitars and stuff. Most moderately successful people will buy at least a couple of new top of the class guitars.
Back in the 70s Mark Farner had a $10,000 Veleno guitar. All aluminum.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by burnboy85
depends. Metallica and other popular bands obiously have high quality, custom built guitars that they might not have even paid for.

I'm always weary of the whole "just look at what the pro's use and get that"
chances are they get paid to endorse those products.
you have to realize that companies have artist guitars for resale, but those are just similar spec production guitars.

the real guitars given to musicians are custom shop guitars that will be built with the utmost care and most choice woods, etc the company has to offer.

i mean do you think at the ESP factory when kirk Hammet puts in an order they just say "oh ok. let me grab this one and put it in a box"? nah

more like "holy crap, guys i want my top luthiers on this model for kirk. were giving him the cream of the crop with these specs he specified over the phone". possibly.

i mean it depends. im sure some artists use their signatures as offered by the company. i suppose i depends how famous and picky you are as well as your endorsement deal.
silly they don't have luthiers at esp.

but they definitely put like 2 dudes on the cnc machine eyeballing it carefully.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer