I have this old squier my friend gave me, I'm trying to clean it up and there seems to be a film on the guitar I can't get off. She never played it, so it just sat around in her room all day. Im not sure if it's dust or some kind of drink that spilt on it (because that's what it looks like) but this Dunlop guitar care kit didn't do anything to clean it off, so any ideas?? Thanks for the help
there might still be plastic on the pickguard...pics?
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Sounds like wear into the finish. It's not going to come off because it's not 'on' the finish, but rather 'in' it.
Guitars are odd like that. Most modern paints and finishes are fairly resistant to stain and wear but guitars often get discolored or worn in irreversible ways.
Quote by Roc8995
Sounds like wear into the finish. It's not going to come off because it's not 'on' the finish, but rather 'in' it.
Guitars are odd like that. Most modern paints and finishes are fairly resistant to stain and wear but guitars often get discolored or worn in irreversible ways.

So is there any way to fix this? Would I actually have to take the guitar apart and take the finish off and put a new finish on it? Or is there an easier solution?

EDIT: Also, this is only on the front of the body, it's not on the back, the back is smooth and nice looking.
Could be the finish coming off from the paint... Try buffing it with some Meguires Mirror Glaze and see if that helps...
Quote by Zero111311
So is there any way to fix this? Would I actually have to take the guitar apart and take the finish off and put a new finish on it? Or is there an easier solution?

EDIT: Also, this is only on the front of the body, it's not on the back, the back is smooth and nice looking.

If it's the finish being eaten away, bleached, or otherwise chemically altered, then yes, the long-term solution is to get used to it or refinish it.

If it's just on the front it could be from something spilled on it or sunlight, which also will damage finishes.
Sounds like the fret markers to me bro.
Got it:
Pacifica 604w, Hohner G3T, PRS SE Soapbar I, Schecter Ultra I
Fender 'evil' Twin, Marshall 2554 combo