I have the aformentioned Cab and head combo and I am very pleased with it atm...however, my other guitarist in my band has an older version of the same amp and even though it is a lower wattage model (120 to 150). It gets much louder with less gain. With my volume all the way up and my gain at noon, its just as loud as his amp with the gain @ 9 o' clock and the volume at 10 o' clock.

The cabinet that I have does not give you the option to run it in stereo mode, only mono, unlike my other guitarist's amp which has a stereo switch and supports dual inputs. So in order to get the most out of my amp, I have to either get the straight cab so i can run both outputs, or get another cab that supports stereo mode. I'm just trying to figure out what would be the better option, I play hard rock/metal and I am rhythm if that helps at all.

Any and all thoughtful input is appreciated. Thanks guys
If you're only running one head, it doesn't matter if you're in stereo or mono. Both options will be using all 4 speakers.

The difference in volume is probably due to the circuitry being different between the two amps.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The difference in volume is probably due to the circuitry being different between the two amps.

More proof that older SS>new SS.

Besides getting a new amp, the only thing I can recommend is that you politely ask your lead guitarist to turn his volume down. If he refuses, threaten him with a gun (not really).
Quote by Offworld92
If you're only running one head, it doesn't matter if you're in stereo or mono. Both options will be using all 4 speakers.

Yeah I think it's just the fact that I'm only using one of my outputs instead of both. It just does not work out as well cause I have to up the gain just to get the volume, but it gets that much more distorted.
Quote by guitarpatrick66
get a tube and watch him make posts about how he cant be heard.

This lol
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Well, the old Ibanez Power Jam speakers were rather nice for what they costed. No idea if they changed them in the last couple of years. And everything you play is mono, so don't worry about stereo.

If your other guitarist is overpowering you, ask him to turn his amp down a bit. Also, try to eq both amps so that each of you occupies a different frequency range if possible, so you don't get in each other's way all the time.

Quote by Ian_the_fox
More proof that older SS>new SS.

I wouldn't call the first Toneblasters old. It's not even been ten years since they first became available. And I sure as hell wouldn't call them good amps.
Quote by TheQuailman

If your other guitarist is overpowering you, ask him to turn his amp down a bit. Also, try to eq both amps so that each of you occupies a different frequency range if possible, so you don't get in each other's way all the time.

Yeah, my other guitarist normally plays up on the higher end of the neck or octaves of the power chords i play, that and i emphasize on low mids for a real punch....

The only place that we aren't loud enough is honestly at practice xD.....we practice in a double wide and all three of the amps are in the room on the end and we all play in the next room with the drummer, it's really just a matter of preference to be able to get the tone i want out of my amp without having my volume and gain jacked up just to be able to keep up with the drum kit >.>
My Setup:

Schecter Blackjack ATX Solo 6
Schecter Damien 6
Hook HSS Custom 6
Ibanez PF Acoustic
Ibanez TBX150H Amp and 4x12 TBX Cab.
Hardwire TL-2 (Metal Distortion)
Hardwire HT-2 (Chromatic Tuner)
Digitech Multi-Chorus
Rogue Compressor
Well i thank you guys for your help, we found a happy medium to the point where i'm only at about 3 o clock on the volume, so i still have some headroom....any louder and we just need to be mic'd.

if you guys wanna check out the fruits of our labor, check out the first song on this playlist, we just finished recording our EP a few days ago.

http://www.facebook.com/fourteenfive?v=app_178091127385
My Setup:

Schecter Blackjack ATX Solo 6
Schecter Damien 6
Hook HSS Custom 6
Ibanez PF Acoustic
Ibanez TBX150H Amp and 4x12 TBX Cab.
Hardwire TL-2 (Metal Distortion)
Hardwire HT-2 (Chromatic Tuner)
Digitech Multi-Chorus
Rogue Compressor