I'm a bit confused. Not confused like, "what's going on?" but confused like "what do I do now". First off, let me clarify this is the first time I have ever made any attempt at pursuing a relationship with a girl whatsoever.

Anyway, this girl goes to the same school as me, we attend an automotive technology course at a local tech school. I started in September, and when I first started to get to know her, I realized there was something special about her. She is intelligent, well-spoken, multi-talented, attractive... not quite like anyone I'd met before. Eventually, I realize that she is 25 years old. I turn 20 in December. But at the time, I was thinking, "Eh, no big deal. Only 6 years. 19 and 25 may sound far apart, but that's just that first digit doing it. I mean 22 and 28 would be the same difference, and that doesn't seem so huge."

Anyway, we get to know each other at school... talk a bit, go out to lunch a few times (never by ourselves, unfortunately). Eventually I work up the nerve to send her a Facebook message with my number in it, saying I'd like to talk to her more. Her reply is friendly enough, and for the next month I text her quite a bit. Sometimes I felt like we were having pretty good conversations, other times it felt more like I was just bothering her.

Anyway, things go on like that and fast forward to yesterday. We have a big-ass storm, I come home to find my power is out. I have nothing to do but think about things, and eventually I start typing a text to ask her out. I spend a good hour or so getting it just right, explaining my feelings accurately, and I spend 30 minutes or so working up the courage to hit "send". Finally, in a burst of either courage or insanity, I do it. 5 minutes later, I get her reply. It wasn't a "brush-off" reply at all. You could tell she really put a decent amount of care and effort into it. Basically, in a nutshell, and leaving out the personal parts that wouldn't mean anything to y'all, she said she would love to do something sometime, but that she wasn't an exciting person and didn't have much time these days. And "to be up front", she's "only in the market for friends".

Anyway, we have a little conversation, I admit how scared I was, she tells me I should be proud of myself and she admires my courage, in her usual intelligent, well-spoken way... we eventually say good night. And I have myself a night composed of 90% tossing and turning, %10 sleep.

Here's what bothers me. She didn't necessarily give me the "runaround", but it wasn't quite the definitive answer I was hoping for. I'm new at all this, so I have no idea how to interpret it, really. Was this a rejection? I don't think it was really, but I can't be sure.

What do, pit? What do?
Relationship thread, brah.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I realize there is a relationship thread. If need be, I will delete this thread and repost it there. But for the time being, I don't see any harm for this to be its own thread.
You should include a tl;dr.

Anyway, I can tell that you're new at this. Here's my suggestion: quit relying on text messages.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Well have fun worrying about that...

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
Quote by CaptDin
I realize there is a relationship thread. If need be, I will delete this thread and repost it there. But for the time being, I don't see any harm for this to be its own thread.

There's no real harm, but that's why it's there.

You'll get a response relatively quickly, and they'll be serious and helpful responses from people who know what they're doing.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Well, it sounds like you were friend-zoned to me.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by Dirge Humani
You started 4 paragraphs with anyway

I totally missed that. Well, gave myself a much-needed laugh today.

Relying on text messages.... I know, I hate it. But at school I can never find a chance to talk to her. And calling her would just seem weird, and not to mention a waste of her time.
Quote by CaptDin

Anyway, this girl goes to the same school as me, we attend an automotive technology course at a local tech school. I started in September, and when I first started to get to know her, I realized there was something special about her. She is intelligent, well-spoken, multi-talented, attractive... not quite like anyone I'd met before. Eventually, I realize that she is 25 years old. I turn 20 in December. But at the time, I was thinking, "Eh, no big deal. Only 6 years. 19 and 25 may sound far apart, but that's just that first digit doing it. I mean 22 and 28 would be the same difference, and that doesn't seem so huge."

Wat.
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
I say just chill for now dude, it sounds like she values you enough as a person to not just brush you off and you're a genuine enough bloke so she knows that you're not in it for just a quick root.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
she's most likely a vampire, you better get an exorcist to take care of the foul demon before she starts draining the life out of you and your wallet.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yeah, that's an extremely polite turn-down though. The last one I got was a bit brusque for my tastes.

Also, next time don't admit/mention how scared you were to ask. It's just a girl