Hey guys, a found an Ibanez Tubescreamer(The TS7 tonelok one) for $15. Would it be worth picking up to use in my bass rig? Does anyone have any experience using one on bass?
For $15, buy it, and sell it for profit to someone else
And it's only $15, worth trying it and seeing how it sounds.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
guitar dirt pedals sound great on a bass.If need be,run a split signal to retain the low end.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Sleeping_Sun
I don't think it would be able to handle the lower frequencies on bass.

I'm yet to see you post an informed opinion anywhere

Quote by Ian hawkins
guitar dirt pedals sound great on a bass.If need be,run a split signal to retain the low end.

This. Some low end will most likely be lost, but for solo playing and/or certain genres and sounds it will sound good.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I loooooove a tubescreamer on bass.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I have a tubescreamer clone, it sounds a bit shitty with my bass to be honest. But my bass isn't your bass and my pedal isn't your pedal and my amp isn't your amp and my ears aren't your ears so I guess this isn't much help. At that price, try it and see.
For $15, it doesn't really matter if you don't like it or not. You could just sell it on and make a decent profit if you don't.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
15 bucks is a bargain for a Tubescreamer. Win/win
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
How would you split the signal?
Ted Nugent 2012

My Gear: