There has got to be a cheap A/B/Y out there... most of them are $60-100 for something that costs 3 dollars to make. Does anyone know of an inexpensive one? If not I'll be making my own because that is just ridiculous.
███████████████████████████████████
Then make your own.

I've done a lot of research into ABY's, and what I've found is that the cheapest one that is "good" (meaning that there won't be any issues at all with excess noise) is the Radial Twin City. It goes for around $140 I think.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Anyone know where you can get a pedal friendly DPDT switch then? Most I've seen are toggles.
Mammoth sells 3PDTs, jacks, LEDs, enclosures and bezels for cheap. Drill an enclosure and it's a quick wiring job. You'll probably get it for $25-30 or so.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Mammoth sells 3PDTs, jacks, LEDs, enclosures and bezels for cheap. Drill an enclosure and it's a quick wiring job. You'll probably get it for $25-30 or so.

Yeah I was kinda lookin' for a passive pedal just because currently I power most my 9V by a daisy chain from my TU-3 and I am out of jacks... I was just thinking though, the last piece of my daisy chain isnt a regular 9v jack, could it possible be for tacking on another daisy chain? That would be amazing seeing as how I don't have $150 laying around for a voodoo power lab...
If you wanted the LED's but didn't want to waste a 9V spot on your chain you could run it off batteries. Batteries would last a long time if all you have to power are LED's.

I've got my DIY 2 button footswitch running off batteries and haven't had to change it the few months I've had it, and I could see it lasting at least a year if not more.
Quote by chip46
If you wanted the LED's but didn't want to waste a 9V spot on your chain you could run it off batteries. Batteries would last a long time if all you have to power are LED's.

I've got my DIY 2 button footswitch running off batteries and haven't had to change it the few months I've had it, and I could see it lasting at least a year if not more.

Ugh I hate running off batteries... It is always my biggest fear that they will die during a show so I end up changing them constantly and wasting MILLIONS of dollars.

That is true though I would have a lot more trust in it knowing that I was just powering a couple LEDs
Quote by chip46
If the batteries go out you just won't have LED's, the switcher would still function as normal. And like I said, in a circuit where they are just powering LED's, batteries will last you forever.

That's the 2am fail of the day about time I go to sleep.
Thanks mate (for publicly embarrassing me ahah).

Cheers,

BTW does anyone have any favourite Canadian electronics sites, or ones that ship to Canada affordably?

Thanks.
Quote by chip46
^That says minimum order of 100 pieces?

I go to SmallBear or Pedal Parts Plus for all my parts needs, or eBay. There are also other places like Mouser, Mammoth, etc that stock good selections.

My bad - sorry...

I'll ask my mate again - I'm pretty sure he didn't by 100...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I'll check in with my mate later - he sent me that link and said that's where he gets some stuff from for building pedals.... Maybe they sell single units. Maybe he's been smoking something other than a pack of cigarettes....
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Another good place to buy from is Banzai Music, I always buy my stuff from there, pretty quick delivery and have quite a large range of products.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
without LEDs it'd come out to around $25, with LEDs it'd come out to probably $35. while it seems like a bargain, it might not be a huge bargain. u dont get those isolated outputs where the outputs are the same on both jacks and whatever. but ya, simple ABY switches work. maybe add a blend pot to have small control over how much signal you let through? but that would give you some tone degradation tho... maybe make an output buffer before the switches OR two buffers after the switches? like... an ABY buffer switch. THAT is rather cool. with volume controls for both outputs haha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
It isnt $3 of kit mate.

A proper one will use transformers to isolate the grounds for each output so you dont get ground loop hum with both amps engaged.

I go a Radial ABY for 25$ on the Windsor Kijiji a few months back.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by beckyjc
It isnt $3 of kit mate.

A proper one will use transformers to isolate the grounds for each output so you dont get ground loop hum with both amps engaged.

Hmm I was hypothesizing that simply grounding out the channel not being used would suffice...