Poll: Is he being pretentious?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is he being pretentious?
Yes
143 85%
No
25 15%
Voters: 168.
Page 1 of 2
Settle a bet for me. My roommate was asking me the other day why my favorite band was the Chili Peppers. I explained to him how they were one of the first bands to have a big effect on me, etc. He tells me that he doesn't get that, because the Chili Peppers are nothing revolutionary or anything. His favorite bands are like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, and the Rolling Stones, bands that have undoubtedly changed rock music for the better. He can't get it through his head why my favorite bands would not be bands that changed the world, even though I do like those kinds of bands, they just aren't my favorites. I tell him that's one of the most pretentious things I've ever head. Yes?
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
I duno, so I'll vote the joke poll opt-

WAIT WAT
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Define pretentious.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
If he's asking you to justify a musical preference, he doesn't understand music.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by NothingRocks
You're both being equally pretentious.

I fail to see how TS is being pretentious at all.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by RHCPguitarist4
Settle a bet for me. My roommate was asking me the other day why my favorite band was the Chili Peppers. I explained to him how they were one of the first bands to have a big effect on me, etc. He tells me that he doesn't get that

They had a major effect on you, regardless of their influence on music as a whole. You cannot debate how you feel about that, how is that even an argument?
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
if this is a bet, how much money do you have bet on this?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Roommate is a pretentious man in my opinion.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Why does it even matter. We are all going to ****ing die.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Pretentious ass, he is one.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Pretentious douche, your roommate is.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by ripple07
Why does it even matter. We are all going to ****ing die.

Not me.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by skylerjames13
I duno, so I'll vote the joke poll opt-

WAIT WAT

WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Vornik
Not me.

Mother of god

Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by boreamor
The Chilli Peppers introduced a cross-over between funk/jazz/punk/rock, how aren't they influencial?

Exactly
He is both retarded and pretentious.
I'm really annoyed with those people stuck on old bands and speak like if music reached perfection in the 70s and then just got worse afterwards.
Do I agree with him completely? No. (Though I do like his "revolutionary bands"). But would I call him pretentious? No.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by Sguit
Exactly
He is both retarded and pretentious.
I'm really annoyed with those people stuck on old bands and speak like if music reached perfection in the 70s and then just got worse afterwards.

One hot minute was the only listen-able chilli peppers album.
Quote by Gabel
Why do you have to listen to world changing music? It's not like I want my beer on saturday night to be of a brand that brought a revolution in beer, you know.
Looks like I win. Recognize!
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
It seems everyone's pretentious these days, so yes.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Jon777
This. Where the hell is our joke option, TS?

YOU are the joke. And YOU.
Quote by Gabel
It's not exactly pretentious, but it's close-minded, yeah
Signatureless. And this doesn't count. Because I said so.
ITT: people who have no idea what "pretentious" means.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
he listens to the rolling stones so he's lame and probably 87 and going to die soon so whatever bro
At the end of the day (or let's better say album/song) the only thing that matters is:
Did the artist/band create any emotion inside of you?

That's the only thing that counts. When discussing artist, sure, it can be a plus if these people were very influental.
But the only thing that matters for YOU is if YOU like the music. If the RHCP make you get crazy like Flea, well good for you!
Quote by Vacuity
he listens to the rolling stones so he's lame and probably 87 and going to die soon so whatever bro

Undeniably the best response here.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
The Rolling Stones weren't revolutionary, they were just a white English blues band with the right image that became mega famous, blues had been going around for quite a long time before they appeared on the scene.

Yes, your friend is being very pretentious. It's called a personal preference, and what music you like and why you like it is nobodys damn business but your own.
Page 1 of 2