First, There's already a chord tab on this site for that song in particular, the only part
to figure out is the picking pattern...which can be improvised. Second, playing guitar just to get girls is a douchebag move. It's like starting a band for nothing but money. You'll get no where with an attitude like that. Instead of wasting your time playing guitar, go buy a Corvette or something.
first, yeh i know theres a chord tab on the site i more just wanted help with the picking..

second, i started playing guitar because i was given one when i was depressed and attempting suicide, it made me feel better within myself and it made me feel like i was good at something, money and girls were not in any part the reason i decided to play guitar. i want to make music.. im in no way a materialistic person and i see nothing wrong with learning a song to play to girls.. maybe next time instead of jumping to conclusions and trying to make people feel like shit about themselves u might just answer the question asked..
your personal input really wasn't needed here.
Quote by DLG
first, yeh i know theres a chord tab on the site i more just wanted help with the picking..

second, i started playing guitar because i was given one when i was depressed and attempting suicide, it made me feel better within myself and it made me feel like i was good at something, money and girls were not in any part the reason i decided to play guitar. i want to make music.. im in no way a materialistic person and i see nothing wrong with learning a song to play to girls.. maybe next time instead of jumping to conclusions and trying to make people feel like shit about themselves u might just answer the question asked..
your personal input really wasn't needed here.

Why do you call yourself an "intermediate guitarist" if you can't play such a
simple tune? If you want to play it so bad, get a program called Audacity.
Slow down the song and write everything down note by note.
If you want to write music you must learn music theory, not tablature.

It's really hard to believe sob stories over the internet. Guys playing guitars to get
girls is a common stereotype most people try to avoid. Seemed as if you were
a part of that stereotype.
im not looking for sympathy or anything, just don't want to be labeled as that sort of peson but yeh i can see where you were coming from,
well thanks for the advice anyway man.. any suggestions where i can start with the theory like scales i should be learning or anything else that could help?
ive only ever used tabs and worked out a few simple tunes by ear..
Quote by DLG
im not looking for sympathy or anything, just don't want to be labeled as that sort of peson but yeh i can see where you were coming from,
well thanks for the advice anyway man.. any suggestions where i can start with the theory like scales i should be learning or anything else that could help?
ive only ever used tabs and worked out a few simple tunes by ear..

Yeah, my bad. Seems we got off on the wrong foot..
Anything will help. Learn names of keyboard notes, enharmonics, pentatonic minor
scales (easiest pattern on the guitar to remember), chords progressions, circle of 5ths, and, chords (maj, min, dom7, maj7, min7), learn name of every note on the fretboard, octaves, chord formulas...

Have to admit, the vertical (up and down) major scale pattern is harder to remember
than the minor pentatonic. One good website to use is:
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/
This site has everything. Chords, scales, tuner, jam tracks, progressions, and more.
its all good looks like i have alot of work ahead of me.. thanks alot for the help i better get started on this seems like ive got alot of work ahead of me
Quote by DLG
its all good looks like i have alot of work ahead of me.. thanks alot for the help i better get started on this seems like ive got alot of work ahead of me

Learning to read music is also another step you could take, but I must warn you,
it is NOT easy to read guitar sheet music. To read sheet music written for guitars,
you need a good ear and possibly the song itself in mp3 or CD. By listening to it, you get get the jist of where you'll be playing on the fretboard, and the tone of the guitar as well. Then you read the rhythms (which is also another thing you'll have to work on
if you want to read music), and match the notes to the rhythm. At this point you can
learn to play along with the song. If there are any solos in the song, you have to find
what key it is in by using the key signature, then you play in the scales for your solo.
It is a lot of work, but that's what it takes.
Then again, writing music is a lot different from reading it. It's always been something
I've struggled with. You really have to come up with your own melodic ideas then build from them with structure.
when i first started out playing guitar i tried to learn sheet music but i got too lazy with it i think eventually id like to be able to read it.
ive learned the pentatonic minors they were easy to memorize and have started trying to memorise the names off all the notes, im now working on the chord progressions.. also 1 more thing id like to ask, could you explain a root note on a scale?? is that just a note u begin the scale with??
Quote by DLG
when i first started out playing guitar i tried to learn sheet music but i got too lazy with it i think eventually id like to be able to read it.
ive learned the pentatonic minors they were easy to memorize and have started trying to memorise the names off all the notes, im now working on the chord progressions.. also 1 more thing id like to ask, could you explain a root note on a scale?? is that just a note u begin the scale with??

Yeah, it is very time consuming.

This is the best way I can explain it:

If You're in the key of C, the root is C, the alpha and omega of the scale.
See, a C major chord is played x32010. The note names are C, E, G, C, E. C is the
root of the chord because it is the bass note, or lowest note in the chord. The
second C is an octave.
Think of a tree, it starts at the root!
The scale is C D E F G A B C or in roman numerals, I II III IV V VI VII I. The first
and last notes of the scale are the same, but the second note is an octave
higher.What you asked is correct. If you play the scale up to the octave,
you have completed that scale and can start a new one from that note. Got it?
u have a good way of explaining things thanks alot for all your help i really appreciate it

its a long shot but any chance u live in melbourne, australia?? if so id be willing to pay you for some lessons..
Quote by DLG
u have a good way of explaining things thanks alot for all your help i really appreciate it

its a long shot but any chance u live in melbourne, australia?? if so id be willing to pay you for some lessons..

Thank you, and you're welcome.

Nah, I live in the ol' US.
Got a tip for ya, there are online guitar teachers that use Skype,
webcam, youtube videos, and etc to teach their methods to people
all over the world.

You could try free ones on youtube to see if that helps.
Few good ones I've used:
Guitarjamzdotcom
Rockongoodpeople
JustinSandercoe
DON'T use Ehow or ExpertVillage, they suck.
cheers mate thanks again for your help, for something that didnt start out too great im very happy with the help and information you have given me..

btw im loving Audacity, ive been playing around with it a bit and started recording a few little tunes of my own
Its all good looks like i have alot of work ahead of me.. thanks alot for the help i better get started on this seems like ive got alot of work ahead of me.
Quote by DLG
cheers mate thanks again for your help, for something that didnt start out too great im very happy with the help and information you have given me..

btw im loving Audacity, ive been playing around with it a bit and started recording a few little tunes of my own

You're welcome.
Yeah, bit of a rough start, but it was merely a misunderstanding.

It is an awesome program. You can add effects to your songs and the
possibilities are endless! Good luck!

Also, is luis6268 your new account?
Last edited by blakeg14 at Apr 26, 2011,
Quote by DLG
na got no idea who luis6268 is :P

My bad. He copied your reply, so I was just wondering.
Unless you're being sarcastic, which is hard to sense over
the internet.