So I'm sending a letter to apply for some online high school courses and i dont want to sound like an idiot In my letters and I cant figure out If this sentence is proper or not

Thanks for the reply Mary. If math 11 is unavailable until fall would it be possible to sign up for physics 11?

Probably the worst place ever to ask but... anyone?
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Part of me thinks there needs to be a comma after fall
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Yaaa i wish i actually took high school more seriously so I wouldnt have to do all this shit twice.
Quote by deadmansdiary
Part of me thinks there needs to be a comma after fall

I'd put it there too, but I don't think it would make a huge difference.
Quote by deadmansdiary
So I'm sending a letter to apply for some online high school courses and i dont want to sound like an idiot In my letters and I cant figure out If this sentence is proper or not

Thanks for the reply Mary. If math 11 is unavailable until fall would it be possible to sign up for physics 11?

Reword it. "Thanks for the reply Mary, would it be possible to sign up for Physics 11 if Math 11 is unavailable until fall?"

Capitalize Math and Physics because they are specific courses.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
^this.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by toby3p0
Reword it. "Thanks for the reply Mary, would it be possible to sign up for Physics 11 if Math 11 is unavailable until fall?"

I like it better as two sentences, but I agree with the capitalization.

EDIT: And I feel like there should be a comma after "reply" if you kept it as two sentences.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Last edited by barden1069 at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by toby3p0

Ya that definately looks alot better aha. thanks
The second sentence should read like toby3p0's, but you should have a comma after "reply".

"Thanks for the reply, Mary. Would it be possible to sign up for Physics 11 if Math 11 is unavailable until fall?"
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Thanks a lot, Mary. I was curious, if Math 11 is unavailable until Fall, would it be possible to sign up for Physics 11?
Last edited by Kill A Kitten at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by wyldething
The second sentence should read like toby3p0's, but you should have a comma after "reply".

"Thanks for the reply, Mary. Would it be possible to sign up for Physics 11 if Math 11 is unavailable until fall?"

Good catch sir.

E-cookie for you:

Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by deadmansdiary

Thanks for the reply, Mary. If math 11 is unavailable until fall, would it be possible to sign up for physics 11?

That's how I see it. Technically it's punctuation you need.

Use wyldthing's
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Thanks for the reply, Mary. If Math 11 is unavailable until fall, would it be possible to sign up for Physics 11?
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Math 11 is a pretty cool guy. He is unavailable until fall, and doesn't afraid to sign up for Physics 11.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Dead Man's Diary
I'm sending a letter to apply for some online high school courses. I dont want to sound like an idiot in my letters, but I can't figure out if this sentence is proper or not.

"Thanks for the reply Mary. If math 11 is unavailable until fall would it be possible to sign up for physics 11?" [sic.]

Probably the worst place ever to ask, but...anyone?[fragment]

Fixed.
Last edited by denfilade at Apr 6, 2011,
Thanks for the reply, Mary. If Math 11 is unavailable until fall, would it be possible to sign up for Physics 11?

Your punctuation is terrible, TS. Also, use the month and not the season. The words "until fall" sound stupid.. "If Math 11 is unavailable until September" sounds a lot better.