I have a chance to get either one for 275. I play hardcore/punk with a stock epi les paul, stock MIM strat, and a stock rg350. I use a blues driver and a cry baby wah pedal. I'm leaning towards the carvin because it's an '87 and kind of old school and it has an eq built in. I don't use alot of gain but i do like a lot of mids. Can anyone help?
I haven't even read the OP but Carvin X100b would easily be the winner here.
No matter what genre!
The X100b is essentially a modded Marshall, but it also has spectacular cleans on it too. So it's a pretty versatile amp. It'd probably get some decent high gain tones too if you put a pedal in front of it.

So yeah, easly the Carvin.
You would be stupid to choose a Valveking over an X100b. The Valveking is is a low-end modern tube amp whereas the X100b is an older amp based on another classic amplifier made by a reputable company. The X100b sounds great while the Valveking sounds like poo most of the time. This shouldn't even be a question.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Carvin. No contest.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
As a Valveking owner you'd be much better off with the Carvin unless you're willing to do some serious mods to the VK.

A used Carvin X100B can be had for around the same price as a used Valveking so that's not even a consideration here, just get the Carvin and maybe an OD pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Just check out my sig..... You'll love the active 5 band eq.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
is this thread serious......
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quick questions about the x100b. I have read that the drive channel has a switch on the amp face, but not a footswitch for it. How are you supposed to switch it for solos and such? do people just substitute a drive pedal instead to activate as needed?

thanks, these are practically a steal at $350 used for something that can be switched down to 25 watts for domestic use!
Anxiously Anticipating An Attractive ADA-MP1 Addition!