I'm just wondering if my eyes are messed up. Right now, if I pull say a shampoo bottle up to within one inch of my nose it starts going blurry. Normal?
yes that is normal, your eyes would be messed up if you'd still be able to read it.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Well I have really bad eyes, so without my contacts/glasses I have to hold something very close to be able to read it. Like touching the end of my nose close.
Ok I'm all just like paranoid and stuff cause I stared at the sun directly for 5 seconds (I wear contacts)---yes I know I'm an idiot---and now they hurt a bit still 12 hours later. Probably psychosomatic but who knows... worried I did something bad to my vision .
5 seconds?!?!?!

HOOOOOOLLLYYY SHHIIIITTTTT!!!!!!
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
My friend took acid and stared at the bright sun for hours. He got sunburn on the white parts of his eyes. He's fine now.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
I can still read a letter if it's touching my nose. It's blurry but I can still read it. 1 inch away I can read it fine.

Maybe your long sighted?
It's perfectly normal not to be able to centre your vision on something that is an inch away from your eyeball. It's going to be blurry and mostly unreadable.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I can read things that are really close to me but it gives me a headache so I don't.
cat