Well as you probably know from reading the title, this thread is about the two guitars, the PRS SE Singlecut and the SE 245, but more importantly a comparison between the two.

I've noticed that there is very scarce information on the PRS SE 245 on the internet and I'd like to know the differences between the two. For example, the SE 245 has specific SE 245 pickups whereas the singlecoil has SE pickups. What's the difference between the two, and what's the overall difference in tonality, playability, reliability, etc, between the two?

Thanks in advance.
Pretty similar aside from the volume/tone knobs and the Singlecut SE has a 25" scale compared to the SE 245's 24.5" scale. And like you said, different pickups. The 245's not out yet, so there's not much info as far as playability and how it sounds compared to the Singlecut. Honestly, I like the looks of the SE 245, good move on PRS's part for making an SE model of that.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by 3volved
Pretty similar aside from the volume/tone knobs and the Singlecut SE has a 25" scale compared to the SE 245's 24.5" scale. And like you said, different pickups. The 245's not out yet, so there's not much info as far as playability and how it sounds compared to the Singlecut. Honestly, I like the looks of the SE 245, good move on PRS's part for making an SE model of that.

It's not out yet?
That's a shame because I was looking for a guitar exactly like the SE 245 and I needed it pretty soon as well. Well when's the supposed release date?
Quote by Nostrilrolls
It's not out yet?
That's a shame because I was looking for a guitar exactly like the SE 245 and I needed it pretty soon as well. Well when's the supposed release date?

I have no idea, so I just asked on the FB page.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
the SE SC245 is meant to be a direct shot at the LP. I'd expect the 245 pups to be more vintage sounding than the regular singlecut. The SE level pups are decent, but nothing stellar imo.

it should be a decent LP type guitar at $500 ish. certainly on par with the epi's.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
the SE SC245 is meant to be a direct shot at the LP. I'd expect the 245 pups to be more vintage sounding than the regular singlecut. The SE level pups are decent, but nothing stellar imo.

it should be a decent LP type guitar at $500 ish. certainly on par with the epi's.

Been surfing the net for other guitars that seemed more my style.

What do you think of the ESP LTD EC-401VF in comparison to the PRS SE Singlecut Trem?
i don't think much of LTD guitars, sorry.

just against my preferences really.

try one and see what you think. the SE245 is more of a classic rock thing, the LTD is generally more geared towards metal.

depends on where you are going. both probably can be set up to play fine.
The SC245 should have a thicker body as well.

TS, why not check out the SE Tremonti? All maghogany body, 25" scale and hotter stock pickups.
Quote by Paroxysm

TS, why not check out the SE Tremonti? All maghogany body, 25" scale and hotter stock pickups.

Hmm maybe I should check it out. What do you mean by hotter stock pickups? PRS Designed Humbuckers Vs. Seymour Duncan JB (B) / '59 (N), what's the difference?

By the way, the EC-401VF has a thicker body, which is what really caught my attention. :P
Quote by Paroxysm

it's the SE245, not the SC245.

and the SE Tremonte has the same SE pups the other guitars have, nothing all that special there.
bumping this because I have a PRS SE singlecut and I was looking to buy a second one, but apparently they're discontinued. They are few left available but only in the colour I'm already have, So I'm looking into the 245. Interested in the difference between the two
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
the SE245 has a shorter scale length by 1/2 inch, a thicker body, and two vol two tone controls.

i'm not sure on the neck profile but prsguitars.com should state that in the specs section of the SE245.
Is the 245 24.5"? I would assume they would make it 24.75" to make it the same scale as every other LP.

Though I guess they just have to be cool and noncomformist with their scale lengths.

Slightly on topic, does SE put anything out that's not MIK? Cause as long as everything they put out is MIK, I'd say you're pretty safe in assuming you're gonna always get something that's slightly-moderately better than an average Epi.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Is the 245 24.5"? I would assume they would make it 24.75" to make it the same scale as every other LP.

Though I guess they just have to be cool and noncomformist with their scale lengths.

Slightly on topic, does SE put anything out that's not MIK? Cause as long as everything they put out is MIK, I'd say you're pretty safe in assuming you're gonna always get something that's slightly-moderately better than an average Epi.

what the hell is a mik
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?