hey guys, ive recently been looking up some heads i can use for metal, and since i have a £1400 budget for both a head and a cab, ive been looking at a marshall jvm410h and a jvm205h. Has anyone had any experience with these amps and do they work well for metal ? Also if anyone has any other suggestions that would be awesome thanks
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Lets apply some common sense to try to help you out here:

1. What kind of metal do you play?

2. Do you also jam with friends or plan to gig some day?

3. Are you willing to go used?

4. What gear do you have now?

Answers plox
Nothing beats an old school Marshall,
Get a JCM800 in good condition, its ****ing great.
i play alot alot of avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, children of bodom stuff

i do jam with my friends alot and i will be gigging soon

yea i am

i have a edwards alexi and an ibanez rg3550 mz
I've played a JVM410h before and I was very disappointed with it.
Another unoriginal prog head.
Quote by unbornsea1
i play alot alot of avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, children of bodom stuff

i do jam with my friends alot and i will be gigging soon

yea i am

i have a edwards alexi and an ibanez rg3550 mz

i say a used dual rec.

or to be in the GG&A style: a peavey 6505

but a dual rec + booster is better for modern metal ( CoB ) IMO
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Tunder250
i say a used dual rec.

or to be in the GG&A style: a peavey 6505

but a dual rec + booster is better for modern metal ( CoB ) IMO

Cob use 6505s.....

Tbh if Ts is smart he could easily get a 2nd hand 6505/fireball/single rec and a nice cab for £1k.

Far better than a jvm and more affordable than a 2 channel dual rec in the UK.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i just need something that can still retain that kinda gain and clarity and lower volumes too, since half the time ill be using it at home, thats why i thought about the jvms since they seem to work well at low volumes
Engl all the way, they are high gain monsters that work well at (relatively) low volumes.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
engls seem to be pretty expensive tho :/ about these used amps, which kinda shops or sites dyu go on to check em out? ive checked a few guitar shops like chandlers for there used shiz but its not too great
Quote by Tom 1.0
Cob use 6505s.....

Tbh if Ts is smart he could easily get a 2nd hand 6505/fireball/single rec and a nice cab for £1k.

Far better than a jvm and more affordable than a 2 channel dual rec in the UK.

I saw cob last week

alexi used a JVM 410

oh the irony.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
ah dude im seeing cob this saturday, tbh another thing that attracted me to the jvms is that gates uses them in avenged sevenfolds album nightmare, and i thought the tone in that album was pretttttttty sick. I know that it wont be a true tone representation but still

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by unbornsea1
could you really find a used dual rec tho for £1000 :/

i did about 3 weeks ago, and it was a 2 channel which is the best version

although saying that you could easily get an ENGL Fireball or a used Powerball for the same kind of money which would be maybe a bit better for your style and tonality. COB used to use a Jackson Lee Pre amp through some poweramp, but recently i thought Alexi had been using the ENGL SE so an ENGL would be sweet for you
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Last edited by shredftw at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by unbornsea1
can i ask though, why do people not seem to like the marshalls?

over-priced for their lack of quality. you're basically paying the extra money just to have Marshall on it. There's much better quality products out there for the same price.

Megadeth used JVM's on their last album, im not sure if it was a 410 though. but they can at least cover thrash metal
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
over-priced for their lack of quality. you're basically paying the extra money just to have Marshall on it. There's much better quality products out there for the same price.

Megadeth used JVM's on their last album, im not sure if it was a 410 though. but they can at least cover thrash metal

in the US they are, he's in England therefore its a decent idea to look into Marshall
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
in the US they are, he's in England therefore its a decent idea to look into Marshall

in europe too ( at least on thomann's site... )
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30